Chapter 4 - Her Solace

After seeing her breaking down like this, Arnav vowed to protect her. Not knowing that she don't need his protection, she is capable of taking care of herself. She just needed his Love & Trust, which he failed to give her, that too miserably.

He remembered that she couldn't have her breakfast, just to cheer her up a bit he ordered Jalebis from her favourite sweet shop and kept them on his table in his room.

Khushi was still at the poolside, calling someone. He didn't know who but he decided not to disturb her and he hid behind the doors of his room, so that he can see her actual reaction after seeing her food. He knew that she couldn't say no to her Jalebis, ever.

After finishing that call, Khushi came back into the room just to see the Jalebis on the table. Instantly she knew that Mr. Raizada must have kept it here.

Unlike every other day, today she didn't squeal seeing her favorite food. Today there wasn't that face splitting smile. Today she didn't start stuffing her mouth with that sweet.

Today she just stared at them.
Without any emotion.

And walked away.

She was about to leave the room when Arnav came in front of her. With a very shocked expression on his face.

Arnav : "What have you turned into Khushi!? Isn't that your favourite sweet. I specially ordered them for you and you didn't even touch them. Please Khushi, don't do this to yourself. It's scaring me. "

Khushi stared at the man standing in front of her and spoke with a monotonous voice which snatched the ground below Arnav's feet.

Khushi : "You don't know me Mr. Raizada so don't pretend. You don't know me, not even in slightest. If you think that this box of Jalebis is going to fix everything then you are the most stupid I've ever came across. Let me tell you, this Khushi hates everything and anything that's sweet. So spare me with your childish antics and step aside."

With that she left a shocked and broken Arnav behind.

Arnav : "What have I done to you Khushi!!?? I'm hating myself, that hate is increasing with each passing moment and I don't know how to stop this pain. Please Khushi, just give me one last chance to prove my worth to you."
(He spoke this into an empty room, just like his heart - EMPTY, without Khushi)

Khushi left Shantivan and again called someone. He answered her phone on the second ring itself.

Him : "Doll, how are you? I thought you forgot about me!!! Never do this to me again, okay!? Now why aren't you speaking anything!? Doll, are you okay!!??"

Khushi had tears after hearing that genuine concern and love from him, which was for her. That she was missing since the last time she saw him. Since One Year.

She composed herself.

Khushi : "I need you. Can you please come here!?"

He was crushed after hearing her sad voice. He panicked. But he knew that he can't. She needed him right now, whatever it is. He is going to be there for her. He needed to stay composed for her. His questions can wait. Right now she needs his strength and that's what he is going to give her, he decided.

Him : "Doll, I'll be there in 2 hours. Till then can you go to our place and wait for me!? Remember that I'm always here for you, no matter what. Just 2 hours Doll. Please take care of yourself for me till then. Can you do thay for me Doll!?"

His voice calmed her.
His reassurance relieved her.

Now she knew that she can take a breath and relax. He is going to be here. With her. Her strength is coming back to her. Finally she can stop pretending to be okay and show her true emotions. She will forever be grateful for his presence in her life.