• Prologue •

In a waiting room, a young woman of no more that 5'2" sat in one of the chairs with a magazine in hand.

She had dark brown hair, hazel eyes and an athletic build to her small frame.

She looked away from her magazine towards two approaching figures. One was tall - around 5'11" - with brown eyes, dark hair, a square jaw with a cleft chin while the other was 5'7" in height, bald and had blue eyes.

She stood up, her hazel eyes glancing between the two men. "Well?" She questioned slowly. "How did it go?"

"Same old, same old." The bald male replied. "They wouldn't let Reed finish explaining."

The brunette frowned softly but before she could respond, a voice cut her off.

"Thank you for your time, Mr Richards." A man cladded in an expensive business suit spoke, giving the dark haired male a polite smile before walking off.

The brunette narrowed her eyes as she watched the business man. "That the guy?" She asked before she turned towards Reed.

"Yeah." He replied with a short nod.

The young woman nodded before she sauntered her way over to the business man.

"Hey, hands off!" She yelled, pulling her arm roughly from security with a glare

"Hey, hands off!" She yelled, pulling her arm roughly from security with a glare. "Didn't your mother teach you how to treat a lady?" She asked with a glare.

"Kayla, I think you lost the right to be called a lady when you threw your shoe and attacked the CEO." The blue eyed man said with amusement and slight irritation.

"How many more times must Reed be shot down, Ben?" Kayla asked, spinning around to face him. "I'm sick of it."

While the two conversed, Reed stood in silence as he went over his thoughts. Every single company that they had gone to, to try and get them to invest in his project all turned him down.

This company made it number fifteen.

"Guys.." The scientist called, grabbing their attention. "We don't have much options left.."

Kayla's eyes widened slightly as she slowly began shaking her head. "No. Reed, please no. Anything but that."

A/N: Credits go out to evanescence 2016 for the amazing cover! ✨💛 Thank you hun