• Chapter Seven •

Kayla sat beside Johnny as the helicopter flew them to the top of the slopes, their legs hanging out of the aircraft.

Johnny turned to her as he eyed the snowy hill. "Alright, I think you should stay to the right." He said in a raised voice in order for Kayla to hear him over the rotors. "The left might give you a bit of trouble."

He then turned around to the pilot. "I think we should drop ten more feet."

Kayla smirked and gave a roll of her hazel eyes as she pulled down her snow goggles. She turned to Johnny and gave him a wink. "You wish, baby boy." She said and pushed herself off the the aircraft with a loud whoop.

Once her feet had hit the ground, she took off, sliding through the white powder on her skis.

Johnny watched her from the helicopter with a fond, lovesick smile on his face. "Damn.." He muttered in a dreamy daze before he turned to the pilot. "That's my future wife." He said determinedly with pride before he pulled down his own goggles.

Without hesistation, he jumped from the aircraft and followed Kayla down the snowy slopes.

"You're losing!" Kayla called back to him before he had easily caught up to her.

"Check this out!" He called back as he slid past, not even realising that his uniform was emitting dark smoke which soon turned into small flames.

As Kayla caught up, her eyes widened at the flames on Johnny. How the hell could he not feel himself burning?

"You're on fire!" She screamed in a panic.

"Thanks, you're pretty good too!" The blonde replied, not hearing the panic in the brunette's voice or even realised that he was, in fact, on fire.

"No!" She yelled, glancing at him every so often. "You're literally on fire! Look!"

Johnny quickly glanced down at himself before he finally reacted. He started panicking and began to pat his body in attempt to extinguish the flames that began to cover his body.

Kayla watched him in horror as they both flew off a small cliff, but Johnny's landing sent a burst of white powder in her direction which temporarily blinded her for a second.

In that second, she had hit a small rock and lost her footing. She quickly tried to stop herself but instead, found herself tumbling down the slope until she came to a stop.

With a soft groan, she quickly pushed herself to her feet and dusted the snow off her gear before she raced off to look for Johnny.

Oh, God, she hoped he was okay and wasn't severely injured.

In less than a couple of minutes, the brunette found the blonde in a what appeared to be a snowy pool. Everything around Johnny had seemed to have melted and the pool of water he stood in was bubbling and steaming.

But that wasn't what caught her eyes.

She removed her goggles with a mixture of shock and surprise as Johnny Storm was naked. She silently thanked God that his lower half was covered by the water because Lord knows what would happen if she saw that.

Johnny looked up at the 5'2" brunette with a mixture of a grin and a suggestive smirk. "Care to join me?" He asked.

She fought her body's urge to join him and gave him a small glare. "Not a chance." She replied.

But, oh, did she want to.

"We need to let my brother know about this." She said as she began to slip out of her white ski jacket.

"You're no fun." He responded childishly.

"Johnny." She gave him a stern glare. "Your body was on fire and in case you haven't noticed, that is not normal! Who knows what else the cloud did to you." She said and held her jacket out for him to take.

The blonde sighed relunctantly and took hold of the jacket as he climbed out. "You killed the mood, babe." He said as Kayla turned around, giving him privacy to put her jacket around his lower half.

"The goods are covered." He said once he had tied the jacket around himself.

Kayla turned around and stared at him up and down, her eyes taking note of his abs.

Johnny took note of this and smirked at her. "What?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing.." She replied and tilted her head to the side as she sauntered her way up to him.

Once she had reached him, she peered up at him through her long, dark lashes and bit her lip which drove the blonde crazy.

She lightly raked her finger nails up his abs and toned chest, which sent a delightful shiver down Johnny's spine, as she stood on her toes and leaned up to him. Her arms found their way around his neck and Johnny easily fed into it and leaned down until..

SMACK!

"What the hell was that for?" The blonde asked, groaning as he rubbed the back of his head.

Kayla merely smirked in triumph and gave an innocent shrug. "For calling me babe." She said sweetly. "Come on, Storm." She called as she began walking ahead, picking up her skis along the way.