• Chapter One •

"Typical of Victor Von Doom to build a thirty foot statue of himself." Ben scoffed as the trio looked up at the statue.

"It doesn't even look like him." Kayla added, folding her arms.

"Well, it's obviously aimed at first time visitors to create feelings of smallness or inadequacy." Reed replied.

The blue eyed male glanced at his friend with a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Good thing it ain't working then." He said. "Except for maybe Kayla."

"Gee, thanks, Ben." The brunette responded with a roll of her eyes before she faced her brother. "You know I hate you right now?"

The dark haired male gave his younger sister a small smile before they began making their way inside.

"Reed, what are we doing here?" Ben asked. "This guy is fast food and strip mall science."

"This isn't our first stop in case you've forgotten." Reed replied. "Besides, Victor isn't so bad. He's just a little large than life."

"Larger than life my ass." Kayla responded. "His personality sucks."

The scientist sighed softly at his sister's comment all while Ben smirked at the short woman.

The men trailed behind Kayla as she walked up to the front desk, where a woman sat typing away on her computer.

"Hi, we're here for a meeting with Victor Von Doom." The brunette said.

"Alright." The assistant replied. "Name?"

"Reed Richards." She said leaning against the desk.

The assistant scanned her screen after typing in the name. "Ah yes, you certainly do have an appointment with Mr Von Doom."

She placed a clip board on top of the desk. "If you could just sign in for me here while I get your passes?"

Kayla began signing their names in and took the passes from the assistant once she was done. She clipped her pass to the pocket of her pants and handed Reed and Ben's to them before they made their way upstairs.

"My research suggests that exposure to a high energy cosmic storm formed on solar winds might have triggered the evolution of planetary life

"My research suggests that exposure to a high energy cosmic storm formed on solar winds might have triggered the evolution of planetary life." Reed explained, with a hologram showcasing an example of the storm, while Ben and Kayla stood off to the side and watched.

"In six weeks, another cloud with the same elemental profile will pass Earth's orbit." He continued. "A study conducted in space could fundamentally advance our knowledge about the structure of the human genome, cure countless diseases, extend human life, give kids a chance to live longer, stronger, healthier--"

"Turn it off."

Kayla gritted her teeth as her brother was cut off in mid sentence.