• Chapter Nine •

Soon enough, Kayla, Reed, Susan and Johnny were in a taxi cab making their way towards Ben and Debbie's apartment when all of a sudden, the vehicle had come to a stop on the bridge.

The four climbed out of the cab to see a pile-up up ahead, worry settling into their gazes as they had a sneaking suspicion that Ben might be in the middle of it all.

"You don't think.." Kayla trailed of slowly.

"Uh-huh." Reed nodded and began to jog ahead. "Come on."

Kayla immediately followed with the Storm siblings following right behind her as they made their way towards the chaotic scene.

Upon arrival, their view was blocked as civilians were being escorted back.

"What do we do now?" Susan asked in concern with a frown settling on her face.

Reed ran a frustrated hand through his hair before he settled his gaze onto the blonde woman. "We're not going to get past these guys." He announced. "But you could."

Both Kayla and Johnny arched their brows in question as Susan let out a heavy sigh.

The Richards siblings and the blonde male watched as Susan closed her eyes and willed herself to turn invisible, surprising both Kayla and Johnny in the process as her body began to disappear.

Her clothes, however, didn't follow.

"Sue, your clothes." Reed hissed as he glanced around at the civilians staring at them with shock. "Lose them."

It appeared as if Susan had looked down at her appearance, realising that her clothes were still visible. "Right." She whispered and quickly began removing her clothes.

Johnny turned away, a look of shock passing over his face as his older sister was basically stripping in front of him. "This is so wrong.." He muttered.

"Would you just suck it up?" Kayla whispered harshly. "You can be mentally scarred later, this is for Ben."

As the invisible blonde was about to remove her bra, she noticed that everyone was staring at her as if she was visible.

Kayla's eyes widened, covering her mouth in shock as Johnny groaned from beside her and turned his back.

Susan frowned at everyone's reaction before looking at herself and found that she was, in fact, visible to the public eye wearing nothing but her undergarments.

A gasp left her lips and she immediately threw her arms around herself in attempt to keep her body hidden from the public's prying eyes.

Reed, however, tilted his head with shocked and lustful eyes as his gaze trailed her stunning figure up and down. "Wow, you've been working out." He said in pure fascination.

But he was met with cold glare from the blonde. "Shut up!" She hissed as Kayla slapped her brother upside his head.

"Really?" She asked, glaring at Reed after his idiotic and untimely comment.

Susan had quickly grabbed hold of her jacket and tried to wrap it around her body before she set her cold blue gaze onto the scientist once more. "Any more great ideas?" She yelled at him, sarcasm quite clear in her tone. "Why don't YOU strip down and have a hundred people stare at you?!"

"Sue.." The brunette stopped the blonde from her rant even though her brother deserved it.

"What?!" The blonde woman snapped but Kayla knew that she didn't intend to sound so harsh. She had every right to be annoyed. Frowning at the silence that ensued, it was then when Susan realised that she had turned invisble again after she looked down at her body.