𝟑𝟗. 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

after a lot of unnecessary struggling and me yelling at anna telling her that we were going to be late, we eventually got in the car and were on the way to the airport. fortunately, everyone was able to get flights that landed around the same time so we wouldn't have to wait too long to see everyone. i couldn't wait to meet louis and dylan and to get to see avi and malina again.

of course with the excitement of seeing them all, i also got very anxious too. my nerves grew larger with each passing minute and anna obviously noticed. i was trying to pretend that i wasn't on the verge of absolutely losing it over seeing malina again after so long.

"hey, it's gonna be ok! you already know these people we've just never met all of them in real life," anna jokes.

"true, but you know that i'm nervous about seeing the one i've already met, not the ones that i haven't" i say.

"i know i can't wait to see you two being all cute and everything while i'm just here single," anna says sarcastically.

"don't worry, you won't be single, you'll have louis!" i laugh and take notice of the redness of her cheeks.

"we don't talk about it," she exclaims, "let's go back to singing way too loud to one direction,"

"good idea," i say.

within twenty minutes we arrived at the airport and walked to the gate where avi, who's plane was arriving first out of the group, would be at in a few minutes. i was excited to see avi again but i was more excited for her to meet anna because i just know that they will get along incredibly.

after a few minutes of waiting, i received a text from avi saying that she was getting off the plane and wanted to know where we were. i immediately grabbed anna's wrist and pulled her with me, trying to get as close to the exit of the gate as possible.

i noticed avi before she saw anna and me so i began to flail my arms around, probably looking like a lunatic. once i caught her attention we both ran towards each other and i pulled her into a tight hug.

"oh my god av, i missed you so much!" i exclaimed.

"awe i missed you too hun," she blushed.

i hugged her again before realizing that i still needed to introduce her to anna. when anna walked over they greeted each other with a hug that was definitely a lot more mellow than the hug i gave avi but when they instantly started a conversation i realized i was right about their energies matching.

"ok you two, now we just need to run around different areas of the airport three more times until we have the whole gang together!" i say excitedly.

"that sounds like a lot of work that i don't have the energy for, can i go back to the car and stay there until they all get here instead?" anna joked.

"nope," i laughed, "nice try though,"

half an hour later we had found dylan and were on our way to get louis who had already arrived and was waiting for us by the gate malina would be at in about twenty minutes. i could tell that anna was feeling anxious about meeting louis but i knew she wouldn't want dylan or avi to know so i settled for holding her hand and giving it a light squeeze to try and reassure her. she looked over at me with a thankful smile as we continued walking.

up ahead i noticed louis with his back turned to us, looking down at his phone and decided that instead of greeting him kindly like i did with dylan and avi, i was going to scare him. i looked over at anna with a slight smirk and she laughed lightly, knowing exactly what i was thinking.

once we got closer, i signaled for everyone else to stay where they were as i tiptoed close to louis. in a split-second decision of how to scare him i decided on simply jumping onto his back, piggyback style. once i did this i underestimated the force i was using because we both toppled to the ground.

"well that's not exactly how i imagined our first interaction would go," louis groaned as i moved to get off of him.

"sorry, i just couldn't resist, it was too easy!" i laughed.

once dylan and avi also got a chance to say hi to their fellow co-star, it was anna's turn to introduce herself which resulted in two very awkward teenagers blushing ridiculously. i made a mental note to ask anna when we got home if they had talked more over the phone than she had originally told me.

finally malina was the only one left that we were waiting for and anna repeated my earlier gesture of holding her hand to try and calm me down. it didn't help much, but i was thankful for her effort nevertheless.

after ten long minutes i could finally see the brunette girl walk out of the gate wearing one of my favorite sweatshirts of her's, which i made mental note of to steal it later, and watched her face light up as we made eye contact.

she promptly dropped her carryon bag and ran toward me. i hugged her with so much strength i was surprised she wasn't asking me to let go and i felt just as much joy throughout me as i did the first time we met. when we finally pulled away from each other we realized both of us had tears in our eyes threatening to spill over which made us burst in to a fit of laughter.

"you have no idea how much i missed you, mali" i said.

"trust me, i missed you more," she giggled.

"not possible," i smiled.