𝟒𝟏. 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

we all got back to my house about two hours ago and everyone unpacked their luggage into their respective rooms. the girls were all staying in my room while louis and dylan were staying in the guest room. i was worried about making anna share a room with three other people not to mention two of which she's never met in person but fortunately they connected immediately.

my parents left to go out to dinner with their friends so that left all of us struggling to make dinner for ourselves. actually, we would've been fine if it wasn't for louis and dylan coming into the kitchen every few minutes and making a mess of our work.

"wait was i supposed to put two or three cups of flour into the dough?" anna asks.

"hold on let me check the recipe," i say before walking over to my phone placed in a separate area of the kitchen to keep it from getting ingredients on it, "it says two cups,"

"well i kind of already put three," she laughs nervously.

"remind me again why we didn't just order a pizza instead of making one," dylan points out.

"because it's more fun this way," avi points out.

"but if we ordered a pizza it would've been here by now," dylan complains.

"you're not going to starve to death, get a snack from the pantry if you're so hungry but don't spoil your appetite!" i tell him.

eventually we put the pizza together and got it in the oven without any further difficulties. once everyone got plates we sat down and got the boys to agree that it was worth it.

"you know what we should do?" i ask.

"what?" everyone replies.

"we should drive down to the beach and watch the sunset," i suggest.

"yes let's give them a proper southern california cliché first day," anna jokes.

"i'm totally down for that," avi says and everyone else nods in agreement.

once we clean up all of the dishes all six of us were able to squeeze into my five seater car and got to the beach quickly. since it's technically off season, there was only a few people by the water which made this even better.

after a few minutes malina and i walk all the way down to the water and walk in until the water is up to our ankles even though it was pretty cold. i look behind us and i see anna giggling with avi while holding her phone as if ready to take a picture but choose to ignore her and focus on malina since we hadn't technically had any alone time.

we spent about an hour there until it got too dark and when we got back to my house we got changed into pajamas and watched a movie with popcorn and candy per avi's request. overall i would say this was a pretty damn good first day of them all being here.