Faded Countries (AU Idea)

Uhh... Hi.

I promised myself that I would try to get my crap together and build a decent and upload schedule. By extension, I also promised myself that I would try to get the second part of the Nouvelle France and Weimar Republic "one-shot" out yesterday.

Clearly, I have not done that...

But! To try and make it up to you, and myself, I am giving you another AU idea that I have had rattling around the spider-webbed cavern I call a brain.

----------------

So, I have been thinking about this AU idea for quite a while. It's not all too polished or well thought out, but I still want to try and do something with it.

I want to have an AU where there is a separate plane of existence where all of the current-day dead countries go once they 'fade'.

When a country 'fades' it is basically their version of dying.

A country 'fades' when their government collapses, is overthrown, the ruling figure is forced to abdicate, they are forced to dissolve etc. etc. Basically anything that has historically stopped a country from existing causes them to fade.

The faded country can no longer interact with any country that is alive. Ghosts, they're practically ghosts that can only interact with other faded countries.

The countries that are still alive consider fading a 'final death' of sorts because they have never seen a faded county come back.

I also want another RusCan story. (get used to quite a bit of RusCan if you plan on sticking around) I also want it to be really sad and very angsty.

I haven't fully come up with a plotline or a cohesive idea for what I want to do, but I just wanted to write this idea out because I know that I will put it off unless I have a physical reminder about it. It still needs a lot of tweaking and reassessment before I ever actually do anything with it, but I still think it might be a good idea.

Anyways, I'm tired and nearly brain dead from homework so I think that's all for now.

----------------

Words: 357 (not including footnote)

Expect the second part of the Nouvelle France and Weimar Republic "one-shot" out before next Tuesday (October 20th). If it's not out by then, I'm giving you all full reign to spam me until I post it.

Stay safe all you lovely people, don't forget to eat your dinner, brush your teeth and give yourself some love.

Cheers, Nimbus