22

Next time I woke up was in a castle it was in the middle of contraction

Next time I woke up was in a castle it was in the middle of contraction. I was thankful to Gregori since the high knocked me out. It made traveling easier for me. I decided to get up and walk around the room a bit, my mom told me that helps.

"You are finally awake treasure." Gregori says as he enters our bedroom. I look around a bit and see that everything is ready for the arrival of our princess.

All of the sudden contraction hits me with a full force, such force I needed to lean on the wall and i feel liquid dripping down my legs. My water broke.

It brings tears to my eyes, and I barely breathe through it

It brings tears to my eyes, and I barely breathe through it. "Not much longer." I rasp out to Gregori.

"I am right here, next to you love. Midwife will be here in a minute." He tried to call me down as he rubbed my back soothingly.

"I don't want you in here love, I dont want you to see me like this, I know how much it pains you when I am in pain. I dont want you to feel bad or powerless." The moment I started talking Gregori started shaking his head, like in a daze. Then just like that he snapped out of it.

"No way are you going through this alone Evelyn. This is our child and as much I can't take pain away from you. I will be here with you and we will go through this together. I will encourage you and make sure you are alright. I will help you with anything you will need. You can break my arm if you need, or curse at me, but I will be here."

I wanted to respond and then the midwife walked in. I know vampires were pretty much old fashioned and having a man in the room while giving birth was frowned upon. I didn't care now. And apparently my husband didn't either. After all we are not in middle ages anymore.

Someone should review this stupid vampire traditions.

Not now, Evelyn. Focus on other stuff.

"It's time for you to lay down queen." Midwife gently said.

Gregori helped me to lay down just whn another contraction hit me. No words were exchanged between us, I was saving up my strength and he knew that.

"You are enough dilated my queen. You can start pushing."

•••

Two and a half hour later and our princess has finally arrived. I will say respect to every woman that gives birth. It's some hard work but at the end it's all worth it. Also thank god for midwives.

The minute we saw her both me and Gregori whispered her name:

"Serafina. "

"Yes, that's the perfect name for her." Gregori agreed immediately while I breastfeed her. Our midwife removed all the bloody towels and washed me clean already.

"Thank you love. I couldn't do this without you." I thank my husband with a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you treasure, for making me the happiest man

"Thank you treasure, for making me the happiest man. I am sorry you had to go through this, but seeing our little Serafina in your arms, makes it worth it." He whispers.

"It truly does." I say and look at our little gem. "I am so tired." I sigh and see Serafina is also sleeping, so I get up and put her in her bed, which is next to ours. At least until she is a bit older.

"You rest, I need to go check security and make plans." My husband says while he kiss my forehead. Before he can leave I grab his arm.

"No please come lie next to me, I missed you so much. I need you next to me and you need rest." He nods and lies next to me. And just like that all three of us fell asleep. All together. As a family.

•••

I woke up to crying of our daughter. I can't believe I am a mother. I need to tell my mother!

Gregori is still asleep next to me, while I silently breastfeed Serafina. God this man, he will need to wake up faster and not sleep so soundly through her cries.

I can't stop admiring our Serafina. She looks like an angel and that is actually what her name means.

In the mean time Gregori also woke up. Or maybe, just maybe I woke him up with kick in his leg. Oopsie.

"Morning my dearest husband." I greet him sweetly.

"Morning love." He replied in soft voice. "You two look so beautiful together. Being a mom suits you."

I blush at his words but remain quiet.

Gregori is the one to break the silence. "Is she breastfeeding for long?"

"Yes. I think she is almost finished. And she is half asleep already." I smile and coo at the little bundle of joy.

"Okay. So will there be something left for me?" Gregori suggestively says making me blush even more.

I giggle, my face now a dark shade of red. "You insatiable man." I roll my eyes.

Any ideas for nicknames on princesses name? 😊