⚜CH22⚜

Humaid was finally discharged today and we were on our way back home, his parents, my parents ,the rest of the family and some close friends were back home for the suprise welcome party that was planned for him. After 7 months and 2 week he is finally going back home. There two nurses assigned to him a female therapist who would come thrice a week, and a male nurse that will be there to help him get through doing stuff like bathing when he needs a hand. Medications have been prescribed for him and hopefully he will be back on his feet soon and for me i will be free by then.

We got to the front gate of the house and the gate was opened. This house was always my favourite place to be. The flowers that surrounded the front of the house brought a sense of peace and calmness to me, the house was painted white With strokes of black at the edges. The car was packed and i hopped off. The driver opened the boot and i brought out the wheel chair. The nurse helped him out of the car, he was securely placed on the wheel chair. It was and electric wheelchair so he need not be wheeled hecan do it himself. It also makes physiotherapy easy as it can help him stand upright while leaning on the chair.

"Shall we wifey?" He winked at me.

"Yeah don't call me that, okay!" I tapped his sholder to add extra effect.

He wheeled himself to the front door and i open the door. Coming to think of it, since the day we got here haven't really been in this house together. I opened the door wide enough for him to come in. Once he was in i shut the door.

"Why are the lights off?"he asked looking around.

"Let me turn it on" i said and i flicked the lights on.

"SUPRISE" everyone yelled. The living room was decorated with so many welcome home balloons and a big welcome home banner. Everyone came over to him, giving him gifts hugs and so much more. I moved away fro him and walked over to my parents and gave them a big hug. I missed them so much i began crying into my mum's shoulder.

"There there, why are you crying my love"

"Oh nothing i just missed you both so much" i said drying my tears. "So how have you both been, dad you've added weight mom you look beautiful"

"Yeah you are not there to stop me from eating what i want" dad said casually.

"Haha dad. I'll give mom a diet plan for you don't worry".

"You have to remember that your daughter is a medical doctor" mom said to dad.

"I need to  freshen up so I'll meet you both back here"

I rushed upstairs to my room, locked the door and hopped into the shower.

By the evening, everyone had hone back home. I drove my parents to the hotel and paid for 7nights.

I wanted my Dad to get a check up at the hospital because he had diabetes so they are spending 7days here. I'll be picking them up tomorrow and taking them to the hospital.

I drove back home. Everywhere was quiet, i guess humaid has slept. I kept my keys on the hanger and went into the kitchen. I reheated some left over pasta and sat in the living room to eat. I switched on the television and began eating.

"I see you are having a great time" someone said beside me, i squealed loudly and jumped turning towards the voice.
It was humaid. Ohh! He nearly gave me a heart attack.

"Don't sneak up on me like that" i threw a throwpillow at him. When you think of it it's a throw pillow so its meant to be thrown at people see, i am smart.

"You are one mean person you know"

"Says the guy that sneaks up on innocent ladies"

"ohh Amani you make me laugh" he laughed wiping none existen tears. Uggh! Drama king.

"Well i am glad you find my misery funny"

"But on a serious note though why did you take your parent's to a hotel when this house is literally empty, my parents are at their own house"

"This is your house and not mine, i didn't want to burden you with my parents, and besides i am taking full responsibility of them so you don't have to worry"

He looked hurt "what's mine is yours and you know it"

"Hmmmmm, surprisingly it is not but what can one do. Nothing of yours is mine it is just yours . What is yours is yours, what is mine i will work hard for and i am here fighting to make my own success. Which by the way is paying of, i am proud of who i am today"

_____✍✍

Well Amani isn't going easy on him. Some people say she is being too harsh. I doubt that.

Here's to another chapter 💃🎉🎊🥳. Yeah i need to celebrate myself sometimes.

Don't forget to Vote,comment,share and follow.