Figuring Things Out

Avery looked at the disintegrating Grimm, still smiling.

He just threatened someone who's immortal, and has magic.

This will be like the time where he challenged a Vindictus raid boss. It will definitely not go well, but he'll keep on trying. Although, he knew Salem probably wouldn't be very disturbed by someone who just killed one Grimm, even if he was basically immortal. Another reason why she wouldn't be afraid was the fact he died to two of her Grimm, in a way that'll tell her that he's just a commoner given some special power.

And she would be right, but once he gets the hang of this odd situation, he'll be unstoppable.

'...who am I kidding, people here are nuts, I need to work harder if I would even stand a chance against these crackheads.' His flashbacks to fighting Team RWBY in VJ NPC forms coming to him. He laughs, before deadpanning. "...I'm going to die so much."

"Wait!" A thought reached him and he swiped through the TSM's menu, checking the NPCs tab in the Spawnmenu.

He spawned a Combine Elite, but he realized something. He did not see any indications of addons installed, so if he's right the soldier would start shooting him.

"Waitwaitwaitholdupdon'tfuckingshootIforgettodoathingaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah." He quickly sputtered out, coming off as gibberish.

The elite just stood there, unperturbed by its spawner's reaction. Avery raised a brow, before slowly approaching it. After a few steps, he waved at it. "Uh...hi?"

It continued staring at him, its single red eye intimidating him a bit. "Okay, enough dude. Why don't you...back off and...stuff."

As if on command, it stopped and took a step backwards, idly looking around. Avery held his chin in thought, then pointed at the wall to his right. "Hm...how about you...shoot tha-"

The elite cut him off by doing exactly what he was going to tell it to do, shooting at the wall he was pointing at. Caught off guard, Avery jumped back and hit the wall behind him. He sighed, walking over to the elite to pat its shoulder. At least the Brothers knew that he can't survive off of Vortigaunts and Rebels.

"...good job. Why don't you follow me so I can spawn some friends for you?" Avery starts walking out, hearing the NPC's footsteps behind him.

In the hallway, Avery prepares to spawn something from the 'Aliens and Zombies' section. Once he exited out he looked back, the elite had gotten more tense and started gazing at its surroundings.

"Keep watch." He ordered, spawning a headcrab. It seemed to hiss at him like some cat, trying to look menacing by extending out its front limbs.

Avery knelt down and got ahold of its front limbs, waving them around.

"Aww. Aren't you aggressive?" He giggled, before releasing his grip.

It hissed again, but not towards him. The parasite was facing the building behind him.

He went through the context menu and removed it, spawning three more Elites and two Shotgunners. He played it safe and small for now, he didn't exactly want to be noticeable just yet. Avery also wanted to know what the NPCs are capable of before he used them against the Grimm. Speaking of Grimm, they seemed to be nearby since the NPCs were constantly turning an eye at the buildings around them.

Avery gave himself an AR2, standing up from his position. He took a deep breath and focused on the nearby sounds. He picked up the sound of heavy footsteps, and it seemed a soldier caught on judging by the sharp movement of equipment.

"Hostile identified." A Shotgunner announced through its vocoder, and a blast from its shotgun followed.

He opened his eyes, seeing its brethren firing upon an Ursa that appeared to have come from the corner of the . With the amount of fire going upon it, Avery didn't feel the need to raise his weapon. The Ursa fell over with its arm and a huge chunk of its body missing, disintegrating almost immediately after it hit the ground.