GMMA

3rd person POV:

New woke up in a room filled with bright white lights.

Trying to make sense of the situation, he looked around the spotless room. He blinked a few times and realized he was tied firmly to an operating chair. His eyes shook as he realized the danger he was in.

He knew.

It wasn't a villain.

Oab had definitely gotten rid of every last ability user, villain, hero or not, before dying. He made sure only to leave just the heros of GMMA alive.

New had slowly been making sense of Oab's parting words.

He had been right.

They did have fun while catching him. It was a game that needed two parties to play. Tay, Off, Gun, Krist, Singto and him had bonded and survived through thick and thin together while hunting down and capturing villain after villain. They went through so many ordeals, but they ultimately had so much fun catching criminals and saving people.

Sure, peace came after Oab died.

But the fun also stopped.

They each went their separate ways, splitting up and only chatting once in a while. Sure, they spent everyday doing their own things, living life happily, but New could tell everyone was bored.

Bored out of their wits.

They had nothing exciting to do. No villain to catch. No one to save. Normal theft and the like could be handled by police. There was no need for heros in a world without villains.

There was no need for their powers.

And he could tell. He could tell the seeping fear that was growing when people looked at any one of them. They were the last ones left with powers, which made them the strongest humans alive. They could rule over the world, destroy it and do anything they wanted and no one would be able to stop them.

His fears were confirmed when he looked into the flashdrive Off had handed him that morning.

It had tons and tons of files of research conducted by GMMA on superpowers.

They were researching on how to recreate it.

How to create such powers and inject it into humans, into themselves.

See, humans are greedy. They are greedy for power, domination and they are cowards. Humans fear the strong, but want to be strong.

"You don't seem surprised." A cold voice snapped him from his train of thoughts.

New opened his mouth to speak, but no voice came out. His throat was locked. But even then, his eyes remained calm. It honestly made the scientist shudder in fear.

Usually anyone that had been kidnapped, tied and bound would be scared or at least, unsettled. But New looked completely unbothered and unfazed. Even when he realized he couldn't speak, he didn't even seem like he was the least bit surprised.

It unnerved the scientist.

But New didn't need to speak. He mouthed the letters out.

"G M M A"

The scientist's eyes widened in shock. He had planned to toy around with that information and shock New with it, making his trust in the Association crumble and feel ruined and betrayed.

But he knew.

New knew that if they were researching and testing on superpowers, he was the first one they would aim for. Because his ability was the most human, yet useful. If they found a way to enhance humans, it could lead to a very frightening future.

Sure, humans would be healthier, look prettier, live longer. The world would progress and advance because people would get smarter.

But would the people in power share such an ability?

They would not.

They would covet it for themselves. They would most likely use it to build an enhanced army of human puppets that obediently listens to orders. Not some superheros with a sense of altruism and would disobey their commands, even possibily striping their title.

He felt a headache coming. He knew he would be captured soon, but he never expected it to be this soon. He tried wriggling his wrists and ankles, but they were firmly glued to the chair. Even when he enhanced his abilities, he was stuck.

He sighed.

To the scientist, it looked as if New had given up to his fate. It made him ecstatic.

But New was secretly plotting a way out.

It wasn't that he had stopped enhancing his abilities. Because New couldn't trust others easily, he hid his true abilities from the world. He could enhance any part of him more than once. So he had simply shifted to enhance his intelligence three times.

From this moment forward, every little detail was being recorded and burned into memory. Every possible escape route, every extra clue and every tiny apparatus in the room was noted down. Anything that could be used as a weapon or tool to get out of here, any evidence that could be gathered and used.

He even began counting.

He couldn't escape yet. Not until he had enough information and the chance to. And he knew a time would come when he would be able to escape from this research facility.

Somewhere in his heart he hoped that Tay and the others would find him. But he knew that only he could save himself, and everyone else.

He just hoped he would be able to survive through the torture. He knew what becoming a lab rat entailed. The mental, physical and emotional pain. So he lowered his enhancement on his intelligence to 2.

And put 1 to endurance.

He exhaled slowly, eyes glaring straight at the scientist as he mouthed his words.

"Bring it on."

[Ajsjkskdkwndns I WANT TO KILL MYSELF FOR MAKING NEWWIEE SUFFER LIKE THIS ANSJSKDKSKKD BUT I JUST REALLY HAD THIS IDEA AND HAD TO,, I JUST HAAAD TO UGH

AJSJSKDKKWKDKSKDKSKDKSKKDK]