The day He Visited

This chapter will contain spoilers of the end of the manga. so if you only watch the anime and don't want to be spoiled, I suggest closing this page NOW! ;)

--

Almost a year had passed since Hinata Shouyou left Japan for Brazil, and a lot had happened, especially for Kageyama, who had participated in his first Olympics a few months back.

And as much as Kageyama had loved this year, something was missing in his life; namely a young man with orange hair.

--

In March, Kageyama made use of the two week of vacation at his disposal to go on a trip to Brazil. He had asked his old coach and other people about Hinata's whereabouts, so he knew roughly where to go.

Tobio walked with his suitcase rolling behind him on the shore line, where a very big beach of white sand extended miles and miles away

Tobio walked with his suitcase rolling behind him on the shore line, where a very big beach of white sand extended miles and miles away. He checked his indications again, and suddenly he heard a familiar voice on the side.

"Pass here!"

Kageyama's head shot up, eyes wide, just in time to see his former teammate jump to reach the ball that was tossed at him. Tobio gasped, he didn't think that Hinata could go much higher after their last match together, but he was clearly mistaken...

Shouyou spiked the ball from such a high spot that it was as if he was flying.

"Yeah, nice!" Hinata shouted happily after scoring, high-fiving his current teammate.

Tobio's heart beat fast in his chest as he started walking towards his old friend. And as if he had heard him, Hinata's head turned towards him. Their eyes met, freezing them on the spot.

Hinata's eyes got wider, "K-Kageyama...?" he stammered.

He took a wobbly step in front of him.

"Yo!" Tobio just said, trying his hardest to stay calm.

"You... son of a... aaargh!" Hinata yelled as he sprinted forwards.

He was coming to Kageyama with high speed, and the latter didn't have the time to dodge him. He just squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for a hard blow; but instead, he felt his torso being encircled.

Tobio looked down and saw that Hinata was hugging him.

"F*ck it's so good to see you, man!" Hinata exclaimed. "I didn't even know you were coming!"

A small smile appeared on Tobio's face as he patted Shouyou's back.

"Well it wouldn't have been a surprise otherwise, now would it?" he joked with a grin.

Hinata smacked him as he finished his hug, but was smiling so brightly it almost blinded Tobio. "I've missed you!"

Kageyama gaped at him for a second, then put his hands in his pockets nonchalantly and looked at the beach volley-ball court right in front of them.