Wander's Origins

Wander was a furry little alien creature who loved singing songs and playing his banjo. He's been practicing for years! He lived on a planet called Planetoid X. It was really just an experimental planet but that didn't mean anyone else people couldn't live there for as long as they wanted to.  

He was outside in the backyard of his house, strumming his banjo. It was the only thing his mom gave him as a gift. It was mainly because he wanted to learn to play it after hearing someone in his planet play it. His name was Wyzant and he was really good at the banjo, even taught him a few notes and Wander moved on from there.

Wyzant was a really kind Cergad, a type of alien creature commonly found on their planet. Everyone considered him like the hippie of their hometown, but not really in an insulting way. Him and Wander were like best friends and Wander visited him everyday to play the banjo with him. Probably the only friend he had despite others calling him weird for his species.

Wander wasn't one of their species though. He didn't even know what he was at that point. No one told him and he's never seen anyone else like him. It seemed as if his mom and dad were the only ones that seemed to exist. But now that his dad left, according to his mom he didn't wanna take care of Wander, and he could tell his mom didn't wanna take care of him.

Even if Wander would so as much speak to his mother, she always threatened to leave him in the woods, where the dancing ghost mimes resided. His mother would always say he was a mistake. and that he didn't deserve to live. But Wander tried to think positively out of it or just said absolutely nothing.

He got yelled at almost every single day and had to hear the arguments between his mom and his older brother a lot. His older brother along with his mom was very physically violent, but more towards Wander. Wander's dad didn't want to have a second child getting in the way. Which is why he left.

"Ma? May I have some stew?" he asked, reaching his bowl out towards his mom. She scowled and gave him a few spoons. Wander looked down at his bowl in disbelief. This wasn't enough to fill himself.

"Ya better not start complain' ya hear? Or I'm leaving you in that gosh darned forest and those ghost mimes can eat you up like my stew ya' hear?" she said, shaking the spoon around threateningly. Wander slowly walked to the table in shame and plopped himself up onto the chair. His older brother walked up to him and grinned.

"Hiya! This stew's amazin'! How was school?" he then grabbed Wander's head and dunked it in the stew he was trying to eat. What was bad was that it was burning hot and he had almost no food for the night. His mom whacked his older brother with one of her cooking utensils, presumably her ladle and walked away. 

"Ma? Some more stew? Mine spilled and-" but then she started turning around menacingly and grabbed Wander by the fur.

"No dinner for tonight it seems, eh? Yer gunna sit down an' watch us eat. Yer so irresponsible sometimes and Joshy! I don't want that flarfin' nonsense again, y'hear? Or I'm sendin' ya both to the attic and you'll sleep there till' I say you can get out!" she said, looking at the older brother sternly. Wander sat down and looked at his feet, so as not to look sad in front of his mother.

"Joshy! Clean the table, will ya'?" Wander's mom, Smithy said, getting up from the table and lying on the couch lazily. Joshy got up and snarled at the fact he had to do it.

"Why do I have to do it ma'? I'm tired!" said Joshy, angrily knocking over one of the plates on purpose. Smithy got up quickly out of anger and then the two started to argue. Wander decided to get up and leave quickly.

He had absolutely hated conflict and decided to stay in his tiny bedroom for now. He could still hear the arguing, even when playing his banjo at his loudest. Then, he got the worst idea ever. He wanted to run. Run away. Thinking like this wasn't the best way for him but then again, this has been going on for the years that he lived. Always stuck on this planet too. He wanted to roam, to be free! All of a sudden, he was rummaging through his drawers. He found some orbble juice. Why was this even here?

Looking at the hat Wyzant got him, he took that too. It gave him anything he needed anyway, it could also be used as a sleeping bag!

No time to think about that. Since Joshy wasn't gonna clean the table, he'd have to be the one to do it. He started to open the big window he had in his room and climbed right out. He fell on his back but then again, it was fine. Activating the orbble he ran as fast as he could, out of his planet, out of his home.

He looked back at his planet with a sad smile. He was gonna miss Wyzant. The fact that he taught him all about the other galaxies and planets. He even learned to play the banjo from him! Wyzant was a nomadic traveler and told him all about the cool things he'd seen. Wander was always over joyed hearing his stories and wanted to do the same himself.

Now was his chance. He settled onto a nearby planet and looked around. The orbble was very fast it seemed and could get from planet to planet before you know it. It only took maybe about a half hour. or so. So all this time he had been thinking...