Wander Origins (Part 4)

A few days passed by, each one involving Wander visiting Threat and checking up on him. Sometimes, he immediately got kicked out of his ship. Some others, Threat seemed to enjoy his company, although tried his best not to show it.

Sometimes being called Tumbleweed, that was the name he used for everyone! It was to the point he started slowly forgetting his own name, despite being called Tumbleweed everywhere Wander was getting sort of old.

Wander felt like he was gonna do this. But it was gonna take quite a while. But just as long as he can make a friend.

As he was wandering throughout a hot and humid planet he found, he seemed to feel a presence someone was there. All of a sudden, he seemed to come across a poster flying in his face out of nowhere. He peeled the paper off his face and read through it. It seemed to be a photo of him. Under it said:

$2,000 REWARD FOR RETURNING HIM  TO MAJOR THREAT DEAD OR ALIVE

Wander stared at the poster in utter shock. But not the bad kind of shock. He was a bounty now? That was pretty cool, he must've thought. But who would find him in such a lonesome planet he was in? And plus, he could escape and warm up to Threat any time he wanted.

He started to walk some more, not minding the poster. All of a sudden, he saw a zbornak-looking fellow charging straight for him! He didn't have enough time to think or run because then he was immediately snatched without even a second to take a step away.

He seemed to be in some kind of a sack. Since it smelled like potatoes, it must've been a potato sack of some sort. He started to kick the sack out of fear. What was this for?

"BACK OF KILLBOT 87!!!! THIS IS MY BOUNTY!!!" she shouted angrily. Then, Wander was confused. All of a sudden, he remembered, he was being hunted. Then, he heard some punching noises, possibly her and Killbot 87 were fighting. Just to claim him as a reward? Sounded rather confusing to him.

All of a sudden, the sack he was in flopped onto the ground heavily. The pressure almost knocked Wander out but he was thankful he was okay. Then, he felt the sack start to slowly open.

He immediately poked his head out and looked up at the zbornak with a concerned expression on his face. But then he smiled. He didn't get hurt or anything, maybe she was friendly!

"Never hurts to help...yourself" she said, grinning fiercly. Then, she grabbed the sack and tossed it back, carrying the sack without effort, "C'mon you wandering weirdo!"

Wander beamed. Finally after quite a while, someone calls him by the name "Wander". "'Wander'. Huh. I like the sound of that." he said, thinking. He was then later carried off. Maybe they could chat!

"So uhhhh what's yer name? Folks call me Wander." he said, making a motion as if he were tipping his hat. He really wished he had one though. The zbornak kept on ignoring him, still carrying the sack. But Wander wasn't gonna give up.

"Where are ya' from? I'm from that experimental planet that was destroyed by Threat. I got no where to go. Maybe you can help a feller out!" he said, reaching out his hand. The zbornak stopped in her tracks.

"Lookie here Wander. I ain't lookin' to be friends with a hippie like you. I don't want this flarfin' nonsense. I'm Sylvia and you're gonna stay quiet or I'm leaving you here." she said, clearly bothered and annoyed. Wander nodded, still keeping his big, goofy smile on his face. Sylvia rolled her eyes and kept running.

Wander was still there, admiring the planet and pointing at whatever caught his eye. Sylvia had a few times where he tried to tell him to cut it but Wander didn't seem to listen.

After hours of running towards the ship and pointing, Sylvia seemed to have enough of this. It was gonna take a while to get to Threat's ship and there needed to be a way to get there faster. She didn't wanna ask Wander due to hesitation but then again, he might know a faster way to leave this planet.

"Hey look I wanna leave this planet but it's taking a while so hey, any ideas how we can jit?" she asked turning around to face Wander. Wander beamed and reached into his fur pockets for some orbble juice. Sylvia seemed dumbfounded. All this time, she'd just been running around, making her feet sore? This was just what she needed. She snatched the juice from Wander and prepared a bubble to hop into. 

Suddenly, she felt a sinking feeling deep inside her. She felt bad for turning Wander into Threat but it was what she had to do. But he was gonna get brutally killed and he was the last of his small species. His home planet destroyed, all his friends and family wiped out. He seemed to be such an optimistic chap, it'd be a-shame to watch him obliterated just like that.

"Look, I usually don't feel sympathy towards anyone but.... I feel bad y'know? Your entire species was wiped out and you got no where to go. You seem like a fine ol' chap. It'd be a shame to watch your execution just like that. You're the last of your kind and you need to be careful in this galaxy, got it?" she said softly patting Wander's orange fur and dropping the sack to the ground. Wander crawled out of the sack and gave Sylvia a big and warm hug. Sylvia wasn't a big fan of hugs but this one she might as well accept. She hugged him back but not all that tightly.

Wander turned and waved goodbye as he was walking away. He could use his orbble juice to maybe find a more active planet around here somewhere.