🌺~4~🌺

"Tear out a sheet of paper" Mrs Godwin, their physics teacher instructed. It was last period and science students from SS3A and C had a combined class.

The whole class groaned in annoyance, the majority of them weren't prepared for a surprise test, it didn't matter to the woman standing in front. Infact, she had done it on purpose to catch them unawares, what was the surprise in surprise test if you told the children beforehand?

"Why?"  a girl from the other class asked. She had on thick rimmed glasses that were too big for her face.

"For a surprise test mumu" a boy snickered, those around erupted in laughter. The girl glared at him, he was from the other class as well.

"Aunty it's not fair o" someone called out from the other side of the room, Ifechi turned her head, the boy's face was scrunched up as he pulled an empty sheet from his long note book.

There were 13 science students in her class, the remaining 8 were art and they had just three commerce student. Luckily, the other arm only had 10 science students so the seats were enough, they didn't have to share seats.

It was a sad thing that Damien wasn't a science student.

"Yesso, aunty is not fair" the thick rimmed glasses girl said, the woman ignored them and brought out a physics past question book ready to dictate the test questions.

"Put away all your textbook, notebooks anything that can implicate you" she said walking around the class slowly, some people grumbled while putting away their textbook. Did they expect to write with it?

"Are you ready to start?" She asked, they kept quiet and she took their silence as an affirmation.

"No 1..." The teacher started ".. Define electrolysis and state the two laws of electrolysis" she finished and there was a loud wail

"Haew" most of them said one boy dramatically put his hand on his head. Ifechi laughed quietly on her seat, physics had never been her problem and from the first question, she already knew the test was going to be easy.

~

The bell rung for school over

"It's time for clubs o, it's time for clubs" The prefect's voice echoed from the corridor while ringing the bell. It was monday which meant an hour after school for clubs, some students groaned but packed to leave the class nonetheless.

"Which club do you want to join?" Anita said turning to Ifechi, it was her first club meeting since the previous week had been exempted because it was resumption week.

"I dunno, which clubs are good?" Ifechi asked, she'd seen the list of clubs the school had in her documents but none of it was new to her, the clubs were grouped into two categories and some clubs held their meetings on Mondays while others held theirs during break on Wednesdays. One could belong to a maximum of three Clubs.

At her former school, Ifechi belonged to the Press club, this was because she loved reading out to the public. She figured out she would just join press club at her new school too but a part of her suddenly wanted to try something new.

"Well they're many o, but the best is just common wealth" Anita answered beaming proudly.

"Taarh, best ko best ni..." Dami interrupted approaching her seat, she'd just returned from SS3C where they held their government class with her note and text book wedged in her left arm

"...that club is yeye o, most of them join just to wear cloth on common wealth day and feel fly with their life" Dami added and Ifechi laughed. It was the same for her old school, most people liked the club only because they wanted to play dressup, not because they were actually interested in any of the serious stuff.