Chapter Seventeen

"I think I might like you."

Jeongin's eyes widened. "Y-you what?"

Seungmin chuckled nervously, looking away. "Like you... You know what, this is stupid, why did I do this?"

Jeongin thought for a moment. Did he like Seungmin? He already contemplated this before, and he certainly did like being around Seungmin. Seungmin was such an inspiring, admirable person, his energy really makes you smile. Jeongin really liked everything about Seungmin.

Jeongin's eyes widened. Maybe he actually did like him.

Jeongin shook his head. "No no, I actually... think I like you too."

Seungmin hesitantly looked back up at Jeongin, red tinting his cheeks. "You do?"

Jeongin slowly nodded. "Yeah."

Seungmin smiled, looking around the room before placing a short kiss on Jeongin's cheek. Jeongin felt his face heat up, butterflies filling his stomach. Seungmin chuckled a bit at Jeongin's reaction. "Did you want to s-start a uh... relationship?"

Jeongin thought for a moment. Could they start a relationship? It was technically not allowed to have relationships at the facility, but Minho and Chan have been hiding theirs for apparently quite a while. There were probably many more hidden ones here. Besides, could Jeongin wait until after he got released to act on his newly discovered feelings?

Probably not.

"Sure."

Seungmin smiled even wider, grabbing Jeongin's hand.

Jeongin looked at their hands, a smile forming on his face.

This felt really nice.

---

Jeongin and Seungmin stayed together ever since they essentially started dating, the two sitting next to each other at their usual table for dinnertime. The pair's hands were already intertwined under the table.

"Hey, guys."

Jeongin saw Hyunjin sit down in front of them, plate containing a single slice of pizza. Jeongin smiled widely. "Hey."

Hyunjin eyed the two suspiciously. "Did something happen? Why are you two so... happy?"

Seungmin looked at Jeongin. "Should we tell him?"

Jeongin shrugged. "Sure. He'll find out eventually. Might as well."

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow, taking a nibble out of his slice of pizza. "Tell me what?"

"Uh... we're actually together now."

Hyunjin dropped his slice of pizza onto the table, shock flashing across his face before an obviously fake smile plastered across his face. "R-really?"

Seungmin put his and Jeongin's intertwined hands on the table. "Yeah. Are you good?"

Hyunjin's smile faltered for a bit. "Yeah, no. I... I'm happy for you both."

Jeongin nodded. "Okay. Tell us if there's something wrong, we want to help."

"No no, I'm fine, I'm fine."

Jeongin eyed Hyunjin suspiciously. He should really take his word for it, but somehow, In the back of his head, he knew that Hyunjin wasn't fine.

---

"Hey, Jeongin. How are you doing today?"

Jeongin sat down in the chair in Taehyung's office. "I'm fine. Thanks."

Taehyung smiled. "Good, good. So how about we get started? How have your impulses been? Have you been using your notebook?"

Jeongin nodded. "Yeah, I have."

"Can I see it?"

Jeongin placed the notebook on the desk and slid it across. Taehyung picked it up and flipped it open. Taehyung's eyebrows raised. "Have you been writing all of your impulses?"

Jeongin looked up at Taehyung. "Uh, yeah. I have."

"Then did you notice anything?"

Jeongin's eyebrows furrowed. "No(?) I don't think so. Why? Are they more frequent now?"

Taehyung shook his head and turned the notebook towards Jeongin. "No, actually. It's actually the opposite. It seems that they are less frequent. Look, here it says you had only one each day for the past week which is comparably less than when you first got here."

Jeongin's eyes widened as he stared at the pages. Taehyung was right. His impulses seem to have gotten less frequent.

How have he not noticed that?

"I didn't realize that they've been less frequent."

Taehyung smiled. "Yeah. You've been improving. I'm so proud of you."

Jeongin continued to look at the notebook, in thought. "But why would they... why would they become less frequent?"

"It could be that you've found something to help you, something that motivates you to get better. It's like a, well for lack of a better word, mental thing. Have you found anything here that makes you feel better? People or appreciations?"

Jeongin thought for a moment, eyes widening as soon as he realized what it could be.

Seungmin and Hyunjin.

Jeongin appreciated Seungmin and Hyunjin so much, and the three helped each other so much. Whenever any of them felt down, they would always motivate each other.

Seungmin and Hyunjin were helping Jeongin get better.

A/N the pacing of this chapter was literally the epitome of big yike

help

have a good day

unedited