Chapter Twenty

Jeongin could never imagine what it would be like without them.

---

It's been almost a month since the incident with Hyunjin, and Jeongin has been doing way better.

His impulses were almost completely non-existent.

And it was mainly from the help of Seungmin and Hyunjin.

The three boys helped each other a lot. They were like their own support system. Whenever Jeongin felt like he was going to give in, he always thought about Seungmin and Hyunjin, and he was almost always able to resist his impulses.

Jeongin really couldn't have gotten through this whole journey without the two.

Jeongin knocked on the door three times, coming in after hearing a "come in."

"Hey, Jeongin. How are you today?"

Jeongin pulled out the chair on the other side of the desk and sat down. "Hey, Taehyung. I'm doing good... How about you?"

Taehyung smiled. "I'm good."

Jeongin has gotten real close to Taehyung over his stay at the ward. Although Taehyung was his therapist, he really made Jeongin feel like a friend, maybe even family.

Taehyung set his hands on the table. "So, how about we get started. Are your impulses still as low as they were the last time we met?"

Jeongin nodded. "Yep, they pretty much are. I barely have them anymore."

Taehyung smiled, eyes crinkling. "Good, good. Want some chocolate milk?"

Jeongin let out a small gasp, speaking excitedly. "Ooh. Yes please."

Taehyung has been bringing chocolate milk for Jeongin for the past few sessions because he knew that Jeongin liked it. It has been quite clear that Taehyung has taken a liking for the younger, their bond has been something that Jeongin really appreciated.

Taehyung pulled out a bottle of chocolate milk from under the desk, sliding it over to Jeongin. "Here you go."

Jeongin opened the bottle, taking a swig. "Th-thank you."

Taehyung nodded, staying silent for a few seconds before speaking up. "So, Jeongin. Since you've been getting better and have been relatively stable for a while, I'm probably going to recommend your release from the facility. There doesn't seem to be a need for you to stay here for any longer."

Jeongin looked up from his bottle of chocolate milk. "Really?"

Jeongin lowkey knew this has been coming. Since his impulses were nearly non-existent, he didn't expect to be staying here much longer.

In all honesty, Jeongin was probably going to miss the facility. It really helped him, and he had a better experience than he thought.

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah."

Jeongin thought for a moment, looking at the table and then back up at Taehyung. "Do you think I could stay here a little bit longer?"

Seungmin came to him and Hyunjin about a week ago saying that he was stable and might get released soon. Seungmin didn't want to go, and the three promised that they will get released at the same time. Jeongin and Seungmin knew that they probably were going to stay there for a bit longer since Hyunjin needed to be there for some more time because of the incident, but Hyunjin was way more motivated to get better ever since the start of their relationship.

Taehyung gave Jeongin a comforting look, smile still on his face. "Yeah, if that's what you think you need, then you can stay here for as long as you need, but I recommend that you get released quite soon. I think you're ready."

Jeongin took another sip of his chocolate milk. "Okay."

Jeongin stayed silent for a bit, before speaking up again, looking Taehyung in the eye. "Thank you."

Taehyung looked a bit surprised. "Oh? What for?"

Jeongin looked away. "Uh... well, for helping me through all of this. You really helped me... a lot, and I... I probably won't be where I am now without your help. So... thank you."

Taehyung chuckled brightly. "I'm just doing my job, you don't have to thank me at all."

"Yeah, but you deserve it. You are so helpful."

"Of course."

Jeongin was probably going to miss Taehyung too when he was going to get released. Being both his individual and group therapist, Taehyung really helped Jeongin.

He really was going to miss him.

Jeongin knew that when he looked around at the ward, everyone around him had their own stories and their own struggles. But they all were there to get better and that really made Jeongin think about how, for lack of a better word, great it seemed. A place to help get people get better, it shows truly that you're not alone. It really helped him appreciate his own life and others.

Jeongin's stay at the psychiatric ward helped him a whole lot in general. It helped him with his Kleptomania, allowed him to learn to appreciate his life, and even helped him find a relationship that he felt was going to last forever.

His stay at the ward changed him into a better person.

A/N the story is ending soon, i believe the next chapter will be the last :(. I'm probably going to miss it a lot. i hope you all have a good day!

unedited