Chapter 3

"So, let's see the territories and the smell of other clans!"

"All right Lionblaze and Ivypool!"

The new apprentices bounded across the territories.

As they got close to the border, a whiff came to their noses.

"Ewwwww! What's that smell? It's li-" Bluepaw complained.

"It's like toad something or some kind of dung!" Firepaw wrinkled his nose. He recognised it immediately that it was ShadowClan, but he did not blow his cover.

"That's ShadowClan!" Lionblaze let out a mrrow of amusement and meowed.

Bluepaw picked up another scent. "Fish! Umm... RiverClan!" She shouted out immediately.

"That's right!" Ivypool commented on her apprentice. "Well done, Bluepaw."

"Rabbits! WindClan?" For not blowing his cover, Firepaw pretended to be uncertain.

"That's right! Well done." Lionblaze complimented his apprentice as well.

"Let's go back now. It's sunhigh. Let's rest and we will hunt later." Lionblaze meowed.

They padded back to camp.

................................................................................................................................................................

(After sunhigh time)

Firepaw and Bluepaw padded out of camp, stretching and yawning.  They followed their mentors and walked to the forest part.

"So we are going to learn the hunter's crouch first. Keep your body low and your tail not sticking out. Hind legs must be ready to leap and sheathe your claws. Creep slowly towards your prey. A mouse can hear the vibrations of your paw steps and a rabbit can hear you."

Firepaw and Bluepaw crouched and started to hunt. A mouse was scuttling in the undergrowth. Firepaw acknowledged his sister and started creeping towards the mouse. Suddenly, he stepped on a twig. The mouse alerted but Firepaw slid out and slammed it with his paw. He padded to his mentor with his mouse dangling from his jaws.

"Good work. Bury your prey and catch more."

At Sunset, Firepaw and Bluepaw were back. Their jaws full of prey. The apprentices put their catches on the fresh-kill pile and shared a plump mouse Firepaw caught. They slept in their nests after that.