Chapter 16

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come to Highledge for a Clan meeting!"

Bramblestar leapt onto Highledge and yowled. He beckoned Cloudpaw, Silverpaw and Featherpaw towards him.

"As you might know, Leafpool has been murdered, and Silverpaw does not have a mentor. Leafpool, if you can hear me, will you mentor Silverpaw in her dreams?"

A soft whispering breeze swept through the Clan, Firepelt could just picture the words I will out.

Bramblestar seemed to hear it too. He nodded and dismissed Silverpaw to go down with a twitch of his ear.

Bramblestar looked up at the sky. "Warriors of StarClan, I ask you to look down at these two apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code. I commened them a warrior in return."

"Firepelt, is Cloudpaw ready to become a warrior?"

"Yes."

"Bluewhisker, is Featherpaw ready to become a warrior?"

"Yes."

"Cloudpaw, Featherpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do."

"I do!"

Then with the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior names. Cloudpaw, from now on you will be known as Cloudpelt. StarClan honours your bravery and strength. Featherpaw, from now on you will be known as Feathermist. StarClan honours your quick wits and great stalking and hunting skills."

"Feathermist! Cloudpelt! Feathermist! Cloudpelt!"