Chapter 24

Firestar looked around camp and saw that everything was normal. Well, not exactly as normal as everyday life, because instead of scolding his apprentice, Jayfeather praised Silverleaf. He decided to visit his mate, and his three daughters, Moonkit, Spotkit and Shimmerkit. The moment he padded into nursery, a flurry of tiny paws raked past him and he was pinned to the ground, slightly. He sat up and saw his lively daughters sitting on his body. He purred with amusement and chuckled, "You are getting too rough and big for nursery!" Bluewhisker came in and meowed thoughtfully, "You know, it's time those three were apprenticed." Firestar nodded and leapt onto Highledge, and yowled, "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come to Highledge for a Clan meeting!" The cats gathered and Feathermist licked on his daughters furiously. He continued, "Today, I am going to perform my favourite and most important ceremony. The Naming Ceremony. Spotkit, Shimmerkit, Snowkit, come forward. StarClan, I ask you to look down at these kits. They have reached their sixth moon and ready to become apprentices." Firestar gazed down at his daughters and asked, "Spotkit, Snowkit, Shimerkit, until the moment you recieve your warrior name, you will be known as Spotpaw, Snowpaw and Shimmerpaw."

"Shimmerpaw, Cloudpelt."

"Spotpaw, Sorrelstripe."

"Snowpaw, Larksong."

The apprentices and mentors touched noses and the mentors started to mentor their apprentices.

Firestar leapt down and went to the medicine den. He asked, "Jayfeather, Silverleaf, have you recieved any strange dreams or prophecies?" The medicine cats shook their heads, and Firestar retreated with a respectful dip of his head. Fire alone will save the Clan. The words still echoed in his ears. Perhaps the prophecy has finally been completed. He went to his den to think about it and shared tongues with Feathermist as they thought about the prophecy together.