𝟐 . 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER 2 — °

[ present time | your pov ]

he was always there sitting alone. he was there every single day during break time. the same place, same time, same position and same expression. i always wondered why never went to go eat or hangout with anyone because i knew for a fact he did have friends though they were mostly 3rd years.

he was always hanging around bokuto senpai before and after school. i believe his name is akaashi keiji i think? i always hear bokuto senpai shout his name whenever they passed by each other in the halls. it's kinda wholesome if you think about it.

bokuto is a senpai of mine that i bumped in at the beginning of the year when he needed help in the library with some work. he's an interesting guy, always happy and excited about every small thing. he's super nice and playful as well and i believe he's the captain and ace of the boy's volleyball club.

[ flashback ]

"hm.. i don't think that looks quite right.." i mumbled to myself as i looked down at my bullet journal layout for the month as i sat in the back corner of the school library alone.

i'm a pretty quite person and didn't hang around too many people but i liked being alone by myself and minding my own business especially during break time. it was a time where i could unwind by either going to the rooftop and just enjoying the day and reading a book or staying in the library.

"ahh where is it? uh how did the book go again? uhm something snow falls and uhh..." a frustrated voice suddenly sounded from beside me as i turned my head to the direction of the sound to see a boy with white and gray hair staring at a shelf full of poetry books.

i slightly tilted my head to the side surprised to see someone in the library during break time. he didn't look like a first year so i assume he was a second or third year.

"snow falls as the cold breeze flows?" i said unconsciously with my head still turned to the direction of the boy.

his ears immediately perked up as he snapped his head in my direction with a happy and excited expression as i finally realize that i had just said that out loud as i immediately straightened myself.

"oh i'm sorry! i didn't mean to listen to you or anything—" i quickly apologized while slightly bowing my head only to be cut off by an enthusiastic voice.

"yes that one! what was the book called?" he exclaimed as he brought his hand up to his chin and looked to the side, he seemed to be thinking very intensely on trying to remember the book name.

my eyes slightly widened at his enthusiasm and bubbly tone as i smiled softly and got up from my seat and walked over towards the shelf that he was standing in front of. i softly cleared my throat as i began to rehearse the lines of the poem.

"snow falls as the cold breeze flows, the snowflakes as fragile as can be, like the girl's pure heart in the hands of her so called beloved partner." i said in a soft tone as i arrived in front of the shelf and reached for the book that he was looking for on the shelf.

i slightly tip toed as i gently removed the book from its designated spot in the shelf and turned around while holding the book with both of my hands and offering it to the boy who's face was now super impressed.