𝟑 . 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬

CHAPTER 3 — °

[ your pov ]

"yes, akaashi-san?" i replied back softly with a gentle smile on my face as i held both of my hands behind my back.

he sat still, staring at me as if he had just seen an angel or something very amazing had just happened in front of him. though i didn't know him well, i could tell that he was a very gentle and nice boy who just didn't socialize with people outside of his circle very often.

we continued to look at each other for a few seconds before i finally decided to break our little moment since i thought it would be nice for the two of us to converse between each other for a little bit and get to know each other.

"i saw you sitting here alone so i just wanted to drop by and say hi. is that spot taken?" i asked in a gentle tone as he seemed to finally snap out of his little trance that he was in before slightly scooting himself over, allowing me to sit next to him.

"he's not much of a talker i assume." i smiled to myself as i made my way next to the black haired boy and sat my bottom down next to him as i tucked my skirt under my bottom.

as i sat down, the soft wind began to blow once again as my hair lifted up and began to flow in the air along with the air. i slightly squinted at the wind as i tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. i could feel akaashi's gaze on my side profile as i glanced up at the sky with the clouds high up in the air.

"akaashi-san, you're in the boy's volleyball team correct?" i decided to start the conversation as i turned my head to face the boy. i smiled patiently as i waited for his response to my question.

he looked down slightly as if he was trying to think of a way to respond to my question before bringing his head back up and turning his face away from me and towards the sky as he began to speak.

"yeah, i'm the setter of the volleyball team." he finally responded as i nodded my head with a small smile on my face as i continued to look at his side profile.

"ah that sounds fun, i see you with bokuto senpai often, are the two of you close?" i continued to converse with him by asking him questions that he could reply with a simple yes or no.

i didn't want to seem like i was prying at him or anything, i just assumed that asking him question was the easiest way to keep our conversation going.

"i would like to think the two of us are close." he replied in a monotone as he continued to reply back to me, still not looking at me as he spoke.

it's common for people to look at the people they're speaking to/with since it's just something that everyone does and it shows that you're showing them your attention. i didn't mind not having him look at me as the two of us conversed. in fact, it felt pretty nice talking to him like this. though this was my first time talking to him, i hope that in the future there will be a day where he will talk to me while looking at me.

"may i ask what class you're in, akaashi-san?" i questioned as i looked down at my wrist watch to see that the time we had for our break was slowly running out as we only had less than 10 minutes of break left.

akaashi paused for a second before answering my question as he slightly dropped his head down like he was thinking about something.

"class 6." he replied softly as i smiled and stood up from the ground while patting my skirt to dust off any wrinkles or dirt.

"i'm from class 3. we don't have much chat time left so take that as a token of friendship if you'd like. hope to talk to you soon akaashi-san!" i smiled as i slightly glanced down at the spot i was previously sitting on that now had a small piece of lemon candy replacing my body.

i gave akaashi one last smile before walking away from the boy and towards the back door of the school to go back to my classroom.

[ third person pov ]

akaashi glanced towards the direction that the [h/c] haired girl had glanced at to see a piece of lemon candy sitting peacefully in the spot that the girl had just been seated at.

the boy hesitantly picked up the small piece of candy in his palm and looked down at the piece of candy as thoughts began to run through his head. it was simply just a small piece of candy, why would he think so much about, right?

though it might've just been a small piece of lemon candy, it felt as if there was a much deeper meaning behind it.

did she want to meet him again the next day? did she want to be friends with him? was she confused on how he knew her name? how did he remember her in the first place?

so many questions in his head as he stared down at the candy.

"i like lemon candy.." he thought to himself as he hand an internal argument whether to eat the candy like any normal person would or to keep the candy as a memory.

"if i don't eat it, what else would i do with it.." he said to himself as he carefully tore open the wrapping of the candy and popped the hard candy into his mouth as the sweet and tarty taste of the lemon candy hit his tongue.

not only was the taste amazing to his taste buds, the sweet smell of lemon was also amazing to his nostrils. the girl named [y/n] was still a mystery to the boy. he didn't know why he remembered her and why she would willingly try and talk to him but he wanted to know more about her.

he's never felt this way with anyone before. he's the type of boy to mind his own business and doesn't make much efforts to get to know other people yet he was curious and wanted to get to know this girl. it sure was weird. he wanted to get to know the girl he remembers.

🗓 authors note —

okay so half way through the chapter i got a little disconnected from the book so it wasn't as descriptive as i wanted it to be, sorry :<