Chapter 5: A Funeral?

Barbara's POV

After Dick's death we started the preparations for his funeral.
We then called Alfred, who was visiting his brother in London at the time. Alfred was devastated when he heard the news of Dick's death. He took the first plane to Gotham City and was in Wayne Manor's doorstep in no time.

------

(The next day)

Bruce's POV

My family and I are on our way to the watchtower, with the sarcophagus that holds Dick's body. Once we landed inside the watchtower..Damian, Jason, Tim and I carried Dick's sarcophagus to the hall of heroes.

A room were different heroes are buried and holograms of them are on top of their graves as a memorial.

When we arrive at our destination we see different heroes. There was Black Canary and Green Arrow, there was also Hawkgirl and Green Lantern (John Steward), even all the members of young justice were there. We put the sarcophagus in its place and we see Superman and Flash coming our way.

(Superman and Flash stop in front of Batman)

Superman: Batman

Batman: Superman, Flash

Superman: We're really sorry about your lost Batman. Robin was a great kid.

Batman: Thank you...I appreciate you all helping with the funeral.

Superman: You know you can count on us Batman, No matter what happens, We are always here to help.

(Superman leaves to start the ceremony. Flash steps up closer to Batman)

Flash: How are the others doing?

Batman: Not good

Flash: I can imagine, Wally couldn't stop crying. The rest of the team call me a lair when I told them the news.

(Flash signs)

Flash: I know it's hard Bruce,
accepting the fact Dick's gone.

(Flash puts his hand on Batman's shoulder)

Flash: But am sure things will get better, in time.

(Flash starts to walk away)

Superman can be seen walking up to the stage and standing in front of a microphone, Everyone takes their sits.

Superman: Hello everyone...Thank you all for coming here on this day. Today we say goodbye to a fellow young hero...Robin The Boy Wonder. A hero some of us knew since his first day in the hero business at the age of 8.
To some of us Robin was like the son or nephew we never had. To others he was a good frined who was there in the time of need. To me Robin was the nephew I never had and it pains me to say goodbye. But we know his in a better place...Now I will pass the microphone to Batman.

(Superman makes his way down the stairs, with Batman going up to the microphone. Batman looks around the room at all the heroes)

------

A few minutes later after all the members of the Batfamily said some words (even Jason and Damian),
It was time for all the heroes to say goodbye. Red Robin went to open the sarcophagus only to be shocked of what was in front of him. Empty...
An empty sarcophagus.

Red Robin: !!!IT'S EMPTY!!! !!!ROBIN'S BODY IS GONE!!!

(Everyone gabs)

Wonder Woman: Who would do this? Who would steal Robin's body?

Red Hood: I don't know, But someone is going to pay and they will pay with their lives.

------

(In Alaska)

Somewhere in the Alaska mountains,
Beep inside a cave a green glow can be seen.

A Lazarus Pit

Shadows can be seen standing guard. Then a woman and an old man walk in. Other shadows behind the woman and the old man are seen carrying Dick's body.

But instead of being in his Robin suit, he is dressed in a long sleeve black shirt and long black pants.

Then one of the shadows almost trips over a rock and the woman speaks.

???: Watch your step, If you drop the boy's body, I will personally detach your head from your body.
Do I make myself clear?

Shadow: Yes mistress

???: Good

The shadows places the body down on the ground. Then a small crane lowers it's hook and one shadow grabs it and connects it to a metal chain. The crane lift up the body and begins to lower it into the Lazarus Pit, until its fully under the water.

The pit starts to glow, everyone keeping their eyes on the Pit. A few seconds pass, a shadow in the water can be seen coming closer and closer to the surface.

Just then Dick jumps out of the water gasping for air. He starts to make his way to the edge of the Lazarus Pit and gets out of the water. Still gasping for air, Dick sees a pair of shoes. Dick looks up to see non other then Talia Al Ghul.

Dick: Talia?

(Talia gets down on one knee to Dick's level)

Dick: Where am I? I..I don't remember what happened...Why am I here?

Talia: No need to worry Richard...
All will be explain in time.

(Dick feels a bit of pain in his left arm and looks to see that Talia had injected him a needle.)

Talia: For now you most rest

Dick passes out and Talia catches him, She stands up lifting up Dick in her arms and calls Ubu.

Talia: Ubu

Ubu: Yes mistress?

Talia: Take the boy to his chambers and stand guard at his door.

Ubu: Yes Mistress

(Ubu takes Dick away)

(Ra's Al Ghul walks up to Talia)

Ra's Al Ghul: I am surprised the boy didn't go on a killing rampage once he was out of the pit, unlike his...brother.

Talia: He's strong...Like his father

Ra's Al Ghul: Yes, the detective is a strong man. But you know the boy is much more different than his father.

(Talia turns around and looks at her father)

Talia: That is true Father, But for my beloved's sake, He should never learn the truth about Richard.

(Talia starts to walk away)

Ra's Al Ghul: For the detective's sake or the boy's sake?

(Talia stops for a second, But then goes back to walking and disappears into the shadows)

------

To be Continued...