Chapter 2- Strange Questions

It was a basic day, I got ready for school, grabbed my bag, got there in time, but that's when I found Nishinoya waiting for me.

"Asahi-San, finally." I raise my eyebrow in concern as to why Noya was standing outside of the school. "I decided to wait for you so I could ask you a couple of questions!" He said with a smirk, unlike his smile, it was more aggressive and devilish. Had no good intentions essentially.

"These questions are?" I asked, confused and oblivious to what could happen next. He recites at least 15 questions before I notice the time, now he says this last one... "Okay! Do you like anybody?" He asked, I stopped in my track my heart racing like nascar drivers driving cars.

Being as nervous as I am, this question hit me hard and fast. If I say the wrong thing he'll get the wrong idea, and if I say the truth he might hate me.

Here I am again, over-analyzing everything. Nitpicking between the lines and praying for the right outcome, but with my luck I doubt everything will go smoothly.

I look over to see Nishinoya looking impatient, tapping his foot like a dripping tap. That noise getting into my ears and providing unneeded tension and domination of my thoughts.

Right now is a REALLY bad time for a gay panic, Asahi. I think to myself as I continue panicking, eventually I hear a "Well, I'm waiting?" As I gathered from Nishinoya's very VERY bored and impatient stance, this just backed it up.

In shock, I stutter in fear praying that letting my heart talk for my mind won't end in a absolute disaster. "Yeah, I mean I do have a crush on this person at Karasun-" before i could finish, I stopped myself, that's when Nishinoya stopped and said "Person? You mean girl right?" I sway my head back and forth in fear, but then I black out...

I recall nothing from this moment, except for that of course. Everything goes black, and I fear a faint shocked noise and my name being screamed as I fall to the ground.

———————💕🤍💞———————-

"Oww" I slightly moan in pain, give or take the massive blow that happened when I toppled backwards it is actually not as painful as it appears.

I think I'm in the.. Nurses office! Of course! But who would of gotten me here, its not like I'm tiny or easy to carry like Nishi.. SHOOT, where is he?

I think of as I hop off the kind of low nurses office bed which I've easily been here a thousand times but thats not the point. Thats when I see Nishinoya talking to the nurse.

All faith I had left just vanished, my stomach dropped along with my heart remembering how shocked he sounded when I said a guy.

Was it really that shocking, am I about to lose the only person I can seem to confide in? Shit, I won't let that happen, I need him..

"Asahi-San? Are you okay? You need to lay down!" I hear Nishinoya say as he slowly enters to lecture me. "What happened back there?" I clutch my neck in pain.

Listening to Nishinoya restate the story with more dramatics than a play, noticing how into it he got addressing every little detail, made me wonder 'How does he catch such little details, I mean I didn't even notice some of the things he did.'

It was pretty stunning, his memory and the picture I was able to depict from his story.

"Thats when you blacked out, when I mentioned the word guys." He said, then I remember everything. My heart dropped again, broken shattered even. I mutter up the courage to say.

"So, you're homophobic?" I say, but before I could breath, his eyes widen, and he starts to laugh. I honestly don't know what for but he obviously was taking my statement as a joke.

"Me? Homophobic? Asahi, I'm sorry maybe you need Tsukishima's glasses more than he needs them! I like guys too!" He says smiling following up with a "My folks aren't to fond of gay people so I'm a little less out to them but damn! I thought I was being very obvious." He says than chuckles.

My eyes widen, following him into laugher. Was I really this oblivious, or is he just really good at noticing everything and letting others see the truth. Lord knows

Eventually I leave the nurses office and me and Noya start going to our classes. "See you at the gate when we walk home Sahi!" He says and I wave.

——————💕🤍💞——————

It was the end of the day, the sun was about to set since it was nearly winter, both me and Nishinoya have some type of after-school club.

His is volleyball, I just help tutor the behind kids in my class. Now that I'm at the gate, I feel a small tap on my shoulder, I thought maybe it was a first year mistaking me for the first year history teacher, but as I turned around...

It turned out to be Nishinoya which did startle me because as I turned he jumped into the air making eye contact directly across from my eyes. He says "Hinata taught me how to jump higher today!"

He giggles, jumping around like a ball of electricity. Its why I love him, he's so cute and sweet. Like a lolly, its uncanny how much of a good person he is.

Just as we approach my house, he turns to me and says, "You know, you never really told me who you like.. Tell me now!!!"

I'm put off my this one, but it did make me think of something I heard earlier. While passing through the hallway for first years, I heard Hinata tell Kageyama and Yamaguchi this.

"So, Noya-Senpai and I practiced jumping for the ultimate plan, he said he would ask him a lot of weird questions in hope for a perfect-" Then I got swooped by a crowd. So I ended up missing the part of what I needed to hear.

I chuckle and wink while saying, "Another day, my little libero" I say spinning my keys on my finger and opening the door. I take a deep breath, panic, and become a blush-y mess confusing the life out of my big family.

Fin! 1071 words!