Meeting a Snake

"Hinata!" Sakura said surprised, out of all the people who could have caught them, she couldn't believe that it would be Hinata. She smiled brightly.

"Answer me, or I will yell, and the Anbu you left behind will be here in less than a second." Hinata said as she sent them a glare.

"We were about to go find Naruto. You are welcome to come, sis in law." Sasuke said. Sakura grinned at Hinata as she heard her brother. Someone had thought the same thing she had!

When Hinata heard that, her eyes widened, and she gave a soft nod, walking towards them.

"Awesome! Now that that is out of the way, let's get out of here. Kurama can still find us as long as we remain in the Kyuubi's forest." She told them. They all nodded as they started traveling once more. She looked at her siblings and hinata and found that they were all looking forward with determination. She nodded to herself. They would find their brother and bring him back, no matter the cost.

Sakura was suddenly brought out of her thoughts when she felt a chill run down her spine. She took her Kunai out and jumped back, noticing that the others had done the same, too. She looked around nervously until she saw a pair of yellow eyes looking right at her, making her freeze. She hissed as she let go of her kunai for one second before catching it again, cutting the palm of her hand to snap out of the intense KI.

"Interessting." A cool voice said, and a tall man came out, his skin was as white as snow and he had an aura of power surrounding him. His eyes were bright with interest as she looked at them. A kunai flew out from her side and she turned to see Sasuke's glaring at the newcomer in hate.

"Stop looking at my sister that way! You pervert!" He yelled. Sakura's eyes widened and she turned to look back at the newcomer, all traces of interest and amusement were gone as he looked towards her brother coldly. Out of nowhere, a small blackhaired girl jumped out and punched Sasuke. The group jumped back in surprise. The girl had been too fast and none of them had been prepared for that.

"Do not call my fa-Sensei a pervert!" She yelled as she tried to punch Sasuke again, but he was ready this time and he used her momentum against her to kick her away as he jumped back to our group, putting distance between the unknown man and his student.

The girl stood and was about to attack them but the man placed his hand on his shoulder and shook his head.

"That's enough Nora, we did not come here to pick a fight." He said. That didn't let them lower their guard. Sakura walked to the front of the group to address the man.

"Then what do you want?" She asked warily. At that, the man smiled.

"I was initially interested in the Uchiha boy, but now... now I want you." He said. What happened after was too fast to be seen. Gaara used his sand to hold the man in place while Haku threw senbon to paralize the man as Sasuke ran behind the man and stabbed him right through the heart. Gaara let go of his sand and the man fell forward. Everything seemed frozen there but a chuckle broke the silent. The girl jumped behind them to stand besides the unknown man, who had no signs of being stabbed just a few seconds ago.

"Good teamwork!" He said smiling as he looked over to his "dead body" fondly.

"I can see why you are Kurama's children." He said, nodding to himself, they all tensed as they heard that.

"How you know Kurama?" Haku asked, the man turned to him and smiled sadly.

"I am sorry I couldn't get there in time, little Haku, instead of explaining, maybe it would be best if I showed you this?" He asked as he pulled out a black bunny by the ears. Haku's eyes widened, and started to move faster than ever.

"Haku get back here!" Gaara yelled but it was too late. Haku had reached the man but to everyone's surprise he started crying as he hugged the stranger.

"Haku..?" She asked the boy softly but he wouldn't move. The girl that had been standing besides the man smiled fondly at Haku as she patted her head.

"Surely you didn't forget me, right, lil cousin?" She asked. At that the all gasped as they seemed to understand what was going on.

"And Dad! Stop stealing Blacky from me when I'm not looking!" The girl said angrily as she took the black bunny away from her father.

The man chuckled as he returned Haku's hug.

"Haku what is going on?" Sakura asked the boy, who seemed to have no intention of letting the unidentified ninja go.

"Right! Sorry! Guys this is Orochimaru, my Uncle." He said happily. At that, Sasuke's recognized the name.

"Anko's sensei..?" He asked, the snake turned to look at him and nodded. Sasuke relaxed.

"Anko told us about you, and that you hadn't really betrayed the Leaf, but why are you here?" He asked. Sakura was curious too, if this man knew Anko, would it mean that he would give them away? Orochimaru looked at them and finally stoped his gaze as he looked right in her eyes.

"I am not here to stop you, I am, after all, a missing nin." He said smiling. At that Haku gasped.

"But we have a new Hokage!" He exclaimed happily. At that, Orochimaru looked down to see his nephew rambling excitedly about everything that had happened. A look of surprise came over him when he heard about Kushina and Minato.

"Minato kun and Kushina san are alive..?" He asked, bewildered. The last time he had heard of his adoptive parents was the night the Kyuubi's chakra had been manipulated, breaking free of Kushina's seal. It had taken both Minato and Kushina's efforts to finally seal the chakra in their newborn baby... which had killed them in the proccess as it had left the Kyuubi in a coma.

"While I am glad that Minato kun and Kushina san are alive, I believe you bunch have a lot to explain, but as your companion said, its not safe in Kurama's forest. Let's head to one of my hideouts first." He said

It didn't take them long to arrive to Orochimaru's hideout. And after listening to their story, Orochimaru wanted nothing more than to help them find Naruto, but it was a difficult task. Despite his enormous chakra reserves, Naruto had been well trained to hide them, and the situation they were in was bad. The children had a good plan to convince their brother, but Orochimaru knew better than anyone that a broken mind was hard to heal back.

~☆~

"Dinner is ready." Nora said as she handed everyone a bowl of warm soup. Although their first meeting had been rough, with the help of Haku, they had been able to get along pretty well after that. Nora looked at the ravenhead that had called her father a pervert, and she couldn't help but be attracted to him. It was something more than just his looks. But her feelings would have to wait. The siblings were all suffering because of their missing brother, and petty feelings had no room in this quest.