Divide and Conquer

A week later...

Jessica groaned as she walked out from the toilet to the bedroom. She had just finished barfing up her dinner into the toilet and was feeling very exhausted.

It was now she was really feeling the symptoms of pregnancy—her breast had became tender, she was spitting and vomitting frequently, she easily got fatigued, had a larger appetite and increased food aversion.

She threw herself on her bed and hid herself underneath the duvet.

"Baby, you feeling okay? Should I get you anything?" Gillis asked as he slid on his shirt.

"An early delivery?"

He chuckled and then walked over to kiss her head, "You're gonna be fine," he kissed her lips, "you can do this, okay?"

"Abeg save your pep talk," she lightly pushed his face away, then reaching for the television remote, she said, "my own is that you better came back with chicken and plenty Jollof rice."

He laughed, "Alright then," he kissed her lips.

She pulled down the duvet and revealed her stomach. Her stomach was not too big but it definitely was protruding and there was a thin brown line running up her across her abdomen.
He also bent down and kissed her stomach. "Daddy loves you guys," he whispered before kissing her stomach again.

They decided that since they weren't sure of the sex of the child and weren't interested in revealing the baby's sex before birth they would call the fetus; guys.

"I love you," he said walking to the door.

"I'll love you more if you bring home the Jollof rice and chicken," she replied.

He laughed as he walked out of the room and down the staircase. Below the staircase stood Mrs Idara; their housekeeper, she curtsied on seeing him.

"Good evening sir," she said as she stopped in front of her.

"Good evening ma," he said, "Iapologize again for extending your shift for the third time this week. It's just that I have a very important occasion to attend and she would have no other person look after her but you."

"Oh no need to apologize," she smiled, "it is my duty and I find pregnant Jessica very funny."

He laughed, "Is the car ready?"

"Yes sir," she's said.

"Okay then," he said, "See you later," he waved at her and strode out of the house to the vehicle awaiting him just at the front of the house.

***

"Can we put our hands together for the wonderful couple," The MC said over the microphone, "even at their age they never fail to display their affection towards one another."

Susanna rolled her eyes as she drank some more of the wine in her glass. She hated the open display of affection by father to Vivian today at his 65th birthday party. It made her was to puke and she was holding her tongue from cussing them out.

She was only in this party for one reason, one tall, dark fine-ass reason; Gillis.

She sipped her drink whilst ogling at him, this was how she had spent her evening so far and she sensed that he knew she was looking but acted like he didn't.