Chapter 3

Ezra POV

When I wake up in the morning, John B is shirtless next to me, his arm wrapped around me as he's sleeping.

"John B. Dude, wake the hell up!" I hiss, shaking awake the brunette boy.

"Ezra? What's wrong?"

"Did we fuck last night?" I ask, sitting up.

"Uhh..." John B gestures to my chest, which is completely bare.

"Well shit."
***

“So are you gonna tell me what’s wrong with you or what?” Jj snaps as the two of us are making dinner at the Chateau while everyone else is setting stuff up down at the dock for a picnic of sorts.

“Nothing is wrong with me, I’m fine.” I retort, holding the wooden spoon so tightly my hand is shaking.

“Oh my god Ezra, just tell me what the hell is wrong already! Jj groans, and I quickly spin around before putting the wooden spoon in his face.

“I don’t have to talk to you about what's wrong with me, nor do I want to. Leave it alone Jj, okay?” I snap back, my hands still shaking from how angry I am. 

“Quit acting like a two year old and just tell me what is wrong with you!!” Jj yells, and I go to slap him in the face, but Jj catches my wrist before I can hit him. “I wouldn’t try that if I were you sweetheart.”

I look up at Jj, narrowing my eyes slightly. “Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it?”

“Oh, you’ll see.” Jj leans in to kiss me, but this time I really do slap him in the face, and I slap Jj hard.

“No.”

“No?”

“I don’t wanna do this anymore Jj, I can’t.” I say, trying really hard to keep myself from crying. 

“What do you mean?”

“Jj, it’s this friends with benefits situation that you and I have. I just can’t handle doing it anymore.” I turn around and try to finish making dinner, but I’m crying too hard to be able to see anything.

“B-But I thought you liked doing it, that’s why it’s been going on for so long.” Jj tells me, and he sounds genuinely upset.

“Yeah, you’re right. I did like doing it for a while, but between having to keep the secret from the other Pogues because you were too scared to tell them and now you just seeing me as a girl you can have when you need that kind of relief, I’m done Jj, okay? I’m done.” I wipe my eyes, realizing that I finished the food while Jj and I were arguing. 

“Ezralise, please, don’t end this.” Jj begs, and I swear I can hear his voice shake. “I’m begging you, please don’t end it like this.”

“Why not Jj? I’m obviously just a piece of meat to you.” I cross my arms, having to stare up at Jj because he’s like six or so inches taller than me.

“No, you’re not. You’re-” Jj runs a hand through his hair. “You’re-”

“I’m what Jj?” When Jj doesn’t say anything else, I just roll my eyes and shake my head. “Yeah, that’s what I thought. I’m done with this.”

I storm out of the Chateau right as the others are walking back up.

“Woah, wait a second Ezra. What happened in there?” John B asks, and I turn around to see Jj walking out of the Chateau with red eyes.

“Ask Jj, I’m sure he’d just love to tell you.” I get in my Jeep and race off without a second thought.