Chapter 5

Hadrian's/Harry's pov
"Pleasure you meet you, heir Peverell" Malfoy said while holding his hand out. I shake it being polite. "Nice to meet you, call me Orion" Orion said with a more up-beat tone. I smile politely to both of them until they turn back to Tom to talk about whatever. I was about to finish my basket of chips until I felt another snake that wasn't Ivy. I froze, then I remembered Nagini was also here. She slid slyly up and across my arm onto the table and looked at me expectantly. I was holding the last chip about to eat it. Nagini and I just stared at each other, little did I know everyone else on the table was staring at us. Nagini just gave me a pleading look and I gave in straight away. I sighed and gave her the last chip. "thanks" she hissed and then weaved her way to the one and only dark lord of darkness to eat her chip.

Soon it was time to go back to the place where Tom grew up. Abraxas and Orion left farewelling Tom. After a long journey back to the orphanage, we both silently collapsed onto out so-called bed. I yawn and allow darkness to sweep me of my tired feet.

(Time skip)

Lazily, I open my sleep filled eyes. Since I live in a world of wizards and unicorn, not much surprises me much anymore but I really didn't expect to find Nagini on my face, hissing with laughter while saying "good morning sunshine". I flinched a little bit but soon after I just carefully picked up Nagini and placed her further down on my bed. I swear I just caught a glance of the impossible. I saw Tom Marvolo Riddle. YES, the dark lord, the supposedly heartless monster smile warmly, I repeat warmly not maliciously, at me and Nagini.

I get up and pack ready to go on the crimson train once, to run through the wall and hopefully won't be blocked again. As I finish packing and Ivy is safely in my pocket, I notice that Tom was engrossed in an advanced potions book not realising we have to leave now else we'll miss the train, god I really don't want to nearly fall out of a flying car with a fake friend and then nearly get killed by an angry tree, again. So, I choose death. I poke Tom once in the side and walk off leaving the volcano which is about to erupt. The very angry young, older(?) boy quickly steamed after me with a never-ending glare which I just ignore.

Soon enough we make it to Kings Cross between platform 9 and 10. I let Tom rush through the brick wall first so I don't make it obvious that I already know how to get onto the platform. As soon as I cross through to platform 9 ¾ I wasn't surprised to find that Tom has ditched me. I ignore all of the surrounding curious people and walk straight into an empty compartment. All I could hear was mothers crying, excited first years chattering and friends meeting up. I lock the compartment, wanting to be alone with Ivy. Ivy slips out of my pocket onto the seat next to me.

Me and ivy talked until I realised the locking charm on the door has worn off and the door was slightly ajar. Both me and Ivy jump when we heard a "hi", which leaves a currently petite snake laughing hard on the floor. I mockingly glare at the dark emerald coloured snake. I recast the locking charm after closing the door while a certain snake joins Ivy on the seat next to me. She's finally calmed down enough for me to ask "why are you here and not with Tom?"

"well Tomling told me to keep an eye on you until you get sorted into your house"

I can't. I just can't. I let out a not so quiet snigger at the nickname Tomling, maybe I'll call him Tomling just to annoy him. After I don't know how long, I leaned against the window with two petite snakes curled up in my lap, before long greeting darkness.
...
I'm somehow in a pure white room. I honestly give up on questioning everything in this wonderland. I turn to face what seems to be a cross between a Grimm reaper and dreadful dementor. "hello there young master, I am death" spoke the cloaked figure in a deep, smooth voice. I couldn't see much of death apart from his cloak dyed black with souls and his skeleton-like hand. He seemed to have an oddly trustworthy aura. Fog clung to his cloak like a lost child. Death continues "being the master of death gives you the gift/curse of immortality, but you also get my assistant as well shadow walk when you can walk through shadows for transportation". I blink, then blink again. Just as I was going to thank him, I was awoken by two mischievous snakes poking my face.

"hatchling you must get changed into your robes" Ivy says like a stern mother (I think) before bursting out into a giggling fit with Nagini. I sigh and get change. The train has finally stopped, both snakes slither into my sleeves. I exit the train to only be faced by a thestral. I stare into its eyes while feeling someone staring behind me. I'm soon greeted by a young version of Slughorn. "you must be the new 4th year" Slughorn says bubbly. "yes sir" I said calmly to the bubbly professor. "follow me" he says. We go in a separate carriage and walk through the castle, then through the main hall to the teachers table where I stood to the side waiting for all of the excited, nervous first years to get sorted into their houses.