The day after the battle.

"We will meet soon." I said as I was about to leave with Isoko.

"How about we will compete soon?" Matt questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Well well then be ready to be defeated."

We could have pursued this together but we had different journeys with same destinations.

I gave Kin and Master Drastefold a courtesy nod and set out to our Guild.

"How did you get injured but?" I asked as a girl limped while approached me.

Isoko couldn't come with us for the battle even though being a callen. Apparently she had tripped over a creeper and injured herself.

"Ya, I am really clumsy."  She replied shyly.

"So ready to go back now?"

"Ya everyone would be waiting eagerly for you Ace after your big victory."

"Well it would not have been possible without Matt,Kin and our late comrade Zack."

I couldn't thank these guys enough. Although Zack is not with us anymore he had left by sacrificing his life for Matt. I couldn't be grateful enough for his bravery.

"But what you did is still a big leap for us Callens Ace. And I guess sometimes it's okay to take credit for what you have done." She advices with a wink on top.

"Noted madam. Now ready to go?"
I asked as I boarded her into the horse cart.

"You know they have electric scooters and cars here." She said while I settled in.

"What?! Then why are we travelling in an animal cart.!"
I was in awe. Electric cars and scooters in this world!! Like wow. Didnt see that coming.

"Apparently the cars and scooters are made in limited numbers which are mostly available to the palace and the top notch families of Aldgaris."

"Woah!! I said still surprised.

A. I didnt know there was a palace here.
B. How did she get this much info?

I went with the latter.

"Well while I was on a bed rest for about a day Master Drastefold used to come by and chat up with me occasionally." Isoko explained.

"Oh!" I didnt know this side of him after I had seen him Beating the hell out of Matt.

"The palace as in..? I asked quizzically.

"The palace as in the king who won over all Callens before your generation."

An another 'ohAnu escape my mouth.

It means whoever wins over 200 warriors and stays alive till the end will be the next king.

"Yeah you are right."
Isoko said.
Wait! I said that out loud.

"Yup and this too." She chuckled.

"But that's not it Ace. After you emerge victorious over the CALLENS you might as well have to fight the king if he doesnt give up his seat willingly for the winner."

"It would be tougher than it sounds." I said nervously.

In about an hour we were back at the Guild.

Big cement building over blue skies and the name "Aldgars Guild official" in stark golden shone above it.

The Guild was decorated now. Not as much decorated but wrapped with different stains and ribbons like it was a festival.

"Is there a festival or something?"
I asked while still gazing at thos fairy lights surrounding it.

A big pat on my back came from behind.
"Yup, it's the annual Guild tournament."
A manly raspy voice announced. It was Jerry.

"What's with the pat? I said still rubbing my back.
"And what's that tournament you talking about."

"The pat is for you defeating Aldeteron and in the next week our Guild will be hosting the Annual Guild Tournament."

"Annual Tournament... like a competition!!! I wanna participate too!!"
Competition like these always pumped my adrenaline.

"Sorry Ace but the participation is closed for now. All the solo categories are full." Tasha saud with a hint of glory.

"But I do want to participate. Can't you do anything about it?" I said turning towards Jerry who was considered a senior member of the Guild.

"Sorry..all the Solo categories are filled." He apologised.

I was about to turn back and go to my dorm when..

"But the dual category still has one spot left."
He announced just as I was about to leave.

"Really!! My joy knew no bounds. I had come to this Guild for achieving something and I was not going to back off this easily.

"Add my name to the dual category Tasha."

"Sure but who is your partner Ace? Injured Isoko?"
Tasha that bitch. Ugh she always gets away with snarky comments.

I looked over Isoko was still recovering. Tasha was going with Toby. That leaves none for me.

I was once again disappointed. That's when Sensei came. The master of our Guild.

"How was your first fight girl?" He asked with another pat on my back while Jerry chuckled about it.

"It was tough but we won.' I exclaimed like a child telling about her day to her father.

Not like he was my father but Sensei was no less than our father figure. Especially for Jerry.
He had said before that Sensei was more of a parent to him than his actual Dad.

"Are you ready to win this tournament too? He asked keenly.

"I would have been if your Guild did not close its admissions so early.

"Well then go in the dual category...

"But I dont have any partner sir.." i lamented

"Go with Jerry then. He wont be participating in the solo one so be it."

I looked over to him. He was as surprised as I was after Sensei's declaration.

Now we had no option other than entering together.

You could say I was entering with my nemesis.

With zero compatibility we were going for a dual Competition.

Sucks a lot but atleast I got to participate huh....

Writer's note :

I hope you enjoyed the chapter don't forget to vote and comment.

AS UOU KNOW THIS IS A TRILOGY DO CHECK OUT MeJaM35 and Davin40.

Thankyou. Xxx