The little girl and her chains.

"Do you know what you have done?" Jerry yelled in my ears making me go half deaf.

"Well you could have said no too!!" I replied in the same amplitude.

"Well I would have", he continued at the same note," if you didn't look so excited!"

"Well I am standing barely a feet away from you so YOU DON'T NEED TO SCREAM your balls off."

I contradicted my sentence while talking in the same higher note.

"Yappity yappity yapp!"
He snapped with his not-so-funny hand gesture.

That's it! Another retort from this guy and I will bang my freaking hammer in his head.

"Ughhhh!!! We are so much bad together just in the Guild! How will we compete in the annual fest!"
I said putting a stop to our bitchy talks.

"Tell me about it.." At this point I gave him a death stare to make him take this matter seriously.

His sloppy shoulders straightened.

"I am dead serious about this competition Jerry. I don't know what it means for you but for me it's a path to establish myself in this estranged land."

My gaze shifted from Jerry to the huge banyan tree and atlast stopped at the sky.

I was missing my home,my parents,my friends...

I wanted to return...I wanted things to go back to normal. I didn't want to kill people at every step. I didnt want this nor did I choose it.

But if Fate had made this decision for me then I had no say but to make the best out of worse.

"We are going to do this Ace, by hook or crook."
He understood what this meant for me.

I look with grateful eyes at him.

"Oh common don't get so cocky and think I am doing this for you. I want to win this Goddamn thing too. Atlast we will be representing our Guild right."

I just smiled away although I could have shown who was the cocky one here.

******

The first round was Selection round. The committee couldn't just select all the participants.

It was necessary to segregate them.

So, they segregated on the basis of fighting skills.
We were going to fight one-on-one with opponents.

The opponents could be from our Guild or from other participating Guilds.

"I hope you can atleast win this match."
Jerry remarked while looking at the ongoing match in the ring.

"Atleast?" I asked in surprise.

"Remember our last match on your first day to Guild." The moment he mentioned that I was embarassed to my core.

"I came as a beginner to this place but I won't go without winning." I smirked.

But Jerry was far too busy watching the ongoing match.

What was so interesting about it?
That's when I looked over to see a huge guy and by huge I mean it seemed like Aldetron's little brother was fighting.

And to add another surprise, his opponent was 12 year old girl not even half the size of the Giant.

There was no way she was going to win.

"Just see the match and then decide." Jerry replied.

Wait!! I said it aloud again. Damn it!!

"Yes you did." He said controlling his laugh.

"Just watch the match man!"

None of them were Callens but had one or the other weapon in their hand.

The giant Guy had swords whereas the little girl had

Chains.

I wondered what good would chains alone be.

The giant Giy once again charged at the kiddo with his sword.

But before it could get within a metre around her, the metal chains cloaked around his feet making him trip on the spot.

But that wasn't enough. She went on to swirl the chains around her at the same time snatching the sword swiftly away from his hand.

It was too late till he realised his sword was missing. And the winner was declared.

"And the winner is the one and only Zoey." The crowd roared in applause for the little girl as soon as the referee announced the result.

"Wow tough girl huh!" I said while still gawking at her.

"Well no wonder she is the two-time champion of this Competition."

No wonder why he was so engrossed in this match.

"Woah what! I mean Cool !" Although that girl had a new-found respect in my heart.

"Its not the chains that had her win,it was the art of handling those metal pieces in such a manner that the enemy could not even have foreseen the move."

"Her chains are no less than a sword." I said while still ogling her and her weapon.

It was next Jerry's match.
And who do you think is going to win?
Duh! The senior member of the Guild. The one who had spent years and years training himself as well as the others here with sheer strength and discipline. JERRY.

And turns out this whole rant didn't go waste.
He did actually win. And within
the first five minutes the opponent's neck was on Jerry's edge of the sword.

"That was real quick." I said still trying to hold back on the praising part.

"Yup. No biggie tho." He said as though he had just watered the plants.

"Umm...I guess it's your match now Ace."

"Okay. Wish me luck."
Saying so I jogged towards the ring. The opponent was announced only after I went in the ring.

Guess who it could be?!

Well seemed like my luck was running real bad after returning form the Alec town

"Ace you would be competing with..."
Before the host could complete; the crowd went wild.

And from the shadow it seemed like a really tall and huge person was stepping towards the ring.

The lights soon focused on that person who was none other than ZOEY.

I quickly glanced at Jerry. I wasn't scared of her but I was scared about losing.

He was as worried as me but didn't white show it to keep up my spirit.

I was anxious and nervous beyond thinking.

Jerry mouthed,
"When you are scared of doing something, remember why you started it.."

These words were enough to fire me up.

I don't know the result but all I know that this Ace Shadhanger is not backing down without putting a fight.

And who knows, I might win as well...

Writer's note:
Thankyou for reading this part. I hope you like it. And we post the next part every Saturday so be sure to read it.

By we I mean:
Matt's POV: @MeJaM35
Dylan's POV: @Davin40