𝐈𝐈 • obsessive thoughts

11:11. IT WOULDN'T STAY out of her mind. it was always a magical moment, even if the whole "make a wish" thing was purely fantasy.

eryn was back at home, awsten clouding her head. not that she minded. he was simply gorgeous, and that's all she could think about.

his little smiles, his mismatched eyes, the way he blushed after reading her note.

she couldn't lie, she was a bit nervous about that note. it was risky, but she thought she'd tell him. it worked out in the end anyway, right?

i hope he comes back soon, she thought to herself, her cat minx climbing onto her lap. she looked up at her, her green eyes staring innocently into her own. eryn broke out into a smile, stroking her gently, as her tv quietly played in the back.

meanwhile, awsten was also home, re-reading his work from earlier, and working up the courage to ring the band he was working with.

before tomorrow was a pop punk band of three members; reggie whitlock (lead singer), braylon hale (guitarist), and adryan langston (drummer). they were very talented and easy-going, and awsten was so looking forward to making music with them.

he had opened the phone app, his finger hovering over the button to call reggie. he closed his eyes momentarily, confused as to why he was so nervous about it. he suddenly pressed it, and put it on speaker, his breathing quickening ever so slightly.

"hello?" he heard the mellow voice of the leader singer fill the room.

"hey, man, how's it going?" awsten asked, significantly more relaxed.

"pretty good, dude, what's up?" awsten could hear the kind smile in his voice.

"um, i got some inspiration for a song earlier, and i think we're aiming for an album before the end of the year."

reggie's gleeful laugh filled the room. "awsten, you're incredible. listen, if me or the others can be of any help to you, we're just a phone call away."

"thanks, man." awsten smiled. "do you think we should have a meeting with management, or is it a bit soon?"

"uh... i don't see the harm in having one sometime soon. i'll let them know you've started writing, and i'll fill you in with what they say."

"okay, sounds good, dude."

"alright, well i'll call braylon and adryan and let them know. see you later, awsten."

"see you around, reggie."

reggie ended the call, and awsten let out a whoop. he was so happy with how that went, and that he was going back to songwriting.

"awsten, is that you?" he heard.

awsten smiled. "jawn, you'll never get what!"

jawn entered the living room, seeing awsten sat on the floor, his notebook sat in front of him, and his phone placed on a pillow nearby.

he smiled at the sight of his friend being so happy. "what happened?"

"i started new song for the band i was put with, and i'm hoping to get the whole record done by the end of the year!" awsten said excitedly, getting up from his spot on the floor.

jawn broke out into a wide grin. "dude, this is such great news!" he pulled him in for a tight hug, practically bursting with pride.

they stayed close for a minute, before quickly pulling away, ecstasy clear in their eyes.

"mind if i read what you have so far?" jawn asked him.

awsten nodded, grabbing his notebook from the floor, and handing it to jawn, who carefully read through awsten's rushed scrawl. a soft smile played on his face. "it's beautiful. who did you see?"

awsten's brow furrowed in confusion. "huh?"

"it's clear you saw a pretty girl, so who, where, and how pretty?"

he sighed. "her name is eryn - "

"you got her name? smooth."

"she's a waitress at the cafe i went to, she gave it to me upon arrival." awsten rolled his eyes. "oh, speaking of which, i went there to leave you with becki. how did that go?"

jawn's face turned a shade of red much like his hair as he cleared his throat in embarrassment. "i - um..."

awsten's eyes widened. "you didn't do the thing, right?"

jawn choked. "what?! is that seriously the first thing that came to mind?"

he shrugged. "anything is possible with you."

"no we didn't." jawn shifted his feet. "i can't tell if she feels something for me, and honestly i don't know if i have feelings for her either, but i guess only time will tell."

the pair fell into silence as they were both in deep thought. it didn't last long though.

"enough about me and becki, you didn't continue with your coffee shop romance." jawn smirked.

awsten sighed. "what is there to tell you? i walked in at 11:11. you know, make a wish, magic, faeries, whatever. and then i saw her. she was ethereal, dude. she was the prettiest thing i had ever set eyes on. so that's where the '11:11' part comes in. 'unlucky number seven', you know how much i hate that fucking number."

jawn nodded, remembering the countless rants the two went on about how stupid it was.

"um, 'my heavy set of thoughts evaporates all around you' and 'you've got me feeling like a fucking love song' is just about how she made me feel, and the rest kinda just came naturally."

there was a sparkle in jawn's eyes, one that awsten was very familiar with. "whatever you're thinking, no. absolutely not."

"but you didn't even - "

"no."

"you're not very trusting, are you?"

"when it comes to most things i am." awsten looked at him. "but with this? no fucking way."