𝐈𝐈𝐈 • meetings

IT WAS THE FOLLOWING day, and awsten was alone in his apartment, his mind running upon eryn. she was just so cheerful, she had lit up his morning. she was incredibly beautiful, and he had a feeling it was all natural. there was something that had drawn him to her, but he didn't mind.

a ding! sound came from awsten's phone, snapping him out of his thoughts. he frowned, instantly checking to see who it was.

🎤: hey awsten, meeting with management asap, they wanna discuss your ideas for the new album. me and the others are already there :)

he smiled, quickly typing out a reply

hey reggie, thanks for letting me know. i'll see you then :D

he scrambled up from his seat on the couch, practically skipping to his room. he was so utterly excited for this meeting, because not only was this a new era for the band, but also because he could write songs again, this time with the most perfect inspiration.

he picked out a neon orange jumper, some black skinny jeans, and a pair of random socks, quickly getting out of his stay-at-home clothes, and pulling on the outfit he chose. he then ran out of his room, grabbing his combat boots. he thought about if he needed anything else.

"phone..." he remembered, grabbing off the couch. he saw his notebook laying next to it, hastily picking it up and shoving it into his backpack (it was sat on the floor nearby). he quickly scanned the room for anything else, his airpods catching his eye. he grabbed them and slid them into his pocket.

he ran another mental checklist, finding that he had everything he needed. he grabbed his keys, and unlocked the front door, getting out of his apartment.

he walked out of the building with a brisk pace, in the hopes that he could grab some coffee before the meeting. he pulled his phone and airpods out of his pocket, connecting them and going onto spotify. he selected post human: survival horror by bring me the horizon. he was good friends with them after they had toured with a band he was working with at the time. he heard dear diary, play and smiled, oli sykes' voice filling his ears.

the coffee shop wasn't too far from his apartment, and he quite liked the walk there. it was very quiet though, very few people were outside, which surprised awsten. la was usually bustling with people and cars.

he stopped thinking about it and concentrated on where he was going. he took in the blue skies and cool architecture of the city, before finally reaching the cafe.

he pushed the door open, pausing his music so he could order. he walked up to the counter to find eryn there again. she had a book in her hands and was deeply immersed in the pages. he cleared his throat a little, to get her attention without scaring her.

she looked up, her green eyes piercing him. "oh, hello... awsten, isn't it?"

"y-yeah." he mentally facepalmed. he just had to have stuttered. "eryn, right?"

she smiled. "yep. what can i get you?"

"uh, an iced coffee to go please." he said, chewing on his bottom lip.

eryn nodded. "of course. do you wanna stand by the counter, or would you rather take a seat?"

awsten thought for a moment. "i can wait by the counter."

she nodded again, smiling, before moving away to make his drink. he watched her silky blonde hair shine in the glow of the lights as she hummed softly. he recognised the tune of the great depression by as it is and smiled.

"we live in the great depression, this is how we sell our lies." she sighed.

"i'm the poet and the problem, i'm the blade and i'm the stitch." awsten sang quietly.