In My Head

over the past week, saffron had learnt a lot about her sisters marriage. she'd learnt that owen wanted a baby and she didn't- at least not with owen anyway, she'd learnt that owen kissed his best friend and amelia was rightfully mad about that, and the worst one in saffies opinion, she'd learnt that her sister was a completely different person to the one she remembered.
Their marriage counsellor had recommended having some 'alone time' at least once a week, and this week it was tonight. Saffron had been at dereks all day, and was staying over night there.
———————4 am ———————
amelia was still fast asleep in her room while owen slept in the spare room. except he wasn't in the spare room, he was in the bathroom, digging around in the medicine bag. he found amelia's birth control pills, fully away of what day it was and what would be happening later that evening. he replaced them with some harmless vitamins, and just like that, his plan was in place.
——————6 weeks later————

amelia's pov
when i woke up, i felt so sick. me and owen were still sleeping in separate rooms, no surprise there. saffron was still staying with us which i didn't mind- anything to escape the arguments.

i went and got a glass of water and checked the time- 5.00 am. i've got work today so i need to leave soon, ooh maybe i won't even have to speak to owen today.

i grabbed last nights pizza box out the fridge and ate some on my way back to my room. i wore a nice top and some trousers, with a grey blazer.

                             5.30 am
i unlocked the front door, holding onto the handle tightly with sweating palms. i closed my eyes trying my best not to end up on the ground.

a few minutes later, i made it out the house and drove to work. i admit maybe driving to work could've been a bad idea after the dizziness, but i didn't want to bother anyone.

walking through the front hospital doors, 6.00 am exactly, i got paged to a 911 neuro consult. i ran there, still in my regular clothes and burst through the door.

"what's up i was paged 911" i said light headedly.

"we think the patient has a bleed in her brain, if she does she might not have long we only just got the sca-" one of the interns started rambling to me.
i grabbed the scans out of his hand and looked and rolled my eyes.

"you see that? that is not a bleed, that is a frontal lobe which she very much needs" i sighed, today was going to be a long day.

"i'm so sorry dr shepherd i'm really sorry"

i walked out feeling worse than before. as i got to the nurses station and put my folders down, everything went blurry, then yellow, then black.