𝙩𝙬𝙤

TECHNO'S POV
The chilly wind whistles through the night as lights flicker outside. I slow down, my momentum bringing me to an eventual halt and Dream is still where I left him.

I find myself walking towards this intriguing yet strange sight, crouching next to the sleeping guy. I prod his cheek for confirmation that he's asleep; he stirs slightly before grabbing onto my finger like a baby. My cheeks go a rosy pink in embarrassment as I desperately fiddle with our hands, trying to get them out of his surprisingly strong grasp.

I attempt to pry off his icy, frigid fingers off mine, as he rubs his cold cheeks on my hands, smiling subconsciously at the warm heat source. I feel the blood rise to my head as I more desperately try to get him off me. I would insult him for how childish and sad he was being but the argument proves pointless, as we all do some pretty weird stuff when we're asleep. This guy just happened to be a nerdy dork when it came to it.

I hear small, subdued footsteps from behind me and I turn my head sharply, to find a blonde woman: her eyes are red, puffy and probably exhausted from crying of some sort; her sullen features accentuating her limp, dirty blonde hair and the occasional loose strands.

Was this Dream's mum? It couldn't have been a coincidence that they looked oddly similar, could it?

- - -

Okay. How in the name of farming potatoes did I get myself into this predicament?

I'm inside a stranger's house.

God.

I'm interacting with another human being.

Wow.

This human just so happens to be Dream's mum.

ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ˡᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵈⁱᵉ

- - -

'Oh..do you want to come in? We have herbal tea if you're into that- or soda, I think teens drink that nowadays', she gives an awkward, sad chuckle as she looks at the two of us; a curious smile creeping onto her face at the sight of us.

She unlocks the door, taking a few steps inside before giving me the look that means 'are you coming in?' I glance at the sleeping dude beside me before carrying him in the most efficient (but embarrassing) way possible, inside. I lay him on a nearby sofa, mildly shocked by how he hasn't woken up. I lay the blanket, previously dangling over the couch, on his lap. I manage my way around to a table, as I nervously take a seat.

I suddenly notice things I hadn't seen at first: there are handrails everywhere, suggesting somebody in this house has some sort of weakness or paralysis in their legs or maybe get tired quickly; there are almost no sharp corners, therefore no dangers of harming oneself if they happened to fall and probably most noticeably, an overwhelming abundance of medicine and pills misplaced and strewn around tables and other strange things I'm not sure about.

I recognize a few of them to be painkillers in a common household perhaps but many of them are unknown to me, piquing my interest as I look around.

Dream's mum sits down with me, my heartbeat quickens, bringing along a tray of tea and shortbread biscuits.

The nice lady, who introduces herself as Emma, is sitting across the table. Mind you, offering me tea. I sip the warm tea, avoiding her glance as she smiles warmly, her eyes suddenly so evident.

They're a very pretty emerald colour.

I wonder if Dream has a similar eye colour. He wears a mask, I wouldn't be able to tell.

'So, are you George or Sapnap? '

This woman thinks I'm one of Dream's friends. Holy heck.

'Oh erm, I'm Techno...Technoblade. Just a schoolmate?' I scratch my head, a form of occupation for my hands while my feet take up another thing, tapping the carpet floor violently. Not great.

'Oh sweetie... just take deep breaths for me alright?', strangely, she goes through the instructions to calm me down quickly in such a comforting manner I forget everything, focusing on her mellow voice which holds no bad or malicious intent.

I calm down after that, and with that, I take another sip of tea, letting the rejuvenating fluid run down my throat after a cold time outside.

'Well, I'm glad you helped Clay over here. Honestly, I was so focused on what the doctor said about Clay that I actually forgot to give him the keys! I just had the nice nurse get Clay home.'

It was strange hearing Dream being called Clay.

'Mhm, what did the doctor say? ' I ask, realizing how comfortable I've become to his lady in such a short manner of time but before I manage to take back my words, she responds.

'... You poor thing... Has he not told you yet?'

What? Gossip might as well travel faster than speed of light at our school and I would have caught up if it had? What had Dream not told the school yet? More specifically, had he even told his friends yet?

Strangely enough though, I don't want to hear what I'm anticipating from Emma.

Strangely enough, I want to hear it from Dream himself.

Strangely enough, I feel regretful. I feel a sensation hard to describe. I want to befriend the foe that had previously 'hated' me and mutually. Was it shallow that I realized this only when I knew of the inevitable things to come?

'He doesn't have much longer left.'

The words hit me like the gush of a tsunami as I feel so emotionally inflicted over somebody that now felt so distant. The words start to blur and blend in with the several other noises- footsteps again. They're slow, rhythmically pleasing but increasing in volume as my eyes paid no particular attention to the approaching figure.

Everything's so strange and out of place. I hear muffled voices elsewhere. One's loud. Very loud.

I place my hands over my ears to block out the loud, intrusive noises. The angry voice has stopped.

[1028 words]

A/N
sorry for the slightly short chapter! the next one will be longer I promise, I just need a good cliffhanger xd