𝙨𝙞𝙭

TECHNO'S POV
'Well, I'm here. What do you want?'

I'm right. Anyways, it's mainly his fault for not even giving me a time he wanted me to be here. I'm not a magical mind reader, give me a break.

'I-i...' he rarely stutters and when he does, I try to pay extra attention. I see in his eyes the pent-up regret and anger; I see slithers of confusion on his face as he tries to explain but in the end, miserably fails. He slides down against the chain link fence, sitting down, burying his face into his knees.

I don't know what to do, what am I even supposed to do when somebody does, well, this?! I can't even maintain a normal conversation and now I have to try to console this dude? I sit down beside him, initiating yet another awkward conversation.

'Well, we can start with yesterday I guess. How long have you known?'

'Uh, I wouldn't explain that to you, my almost rival, even without your lackeys around now, would I?'

What does Dream mean by lackeys? I glance around and it's a sight to behold.

Tommy and Tubbo absolutely horrendously hidden behind fake plants. How in the name of farming potatoes did I not even see or hear them? Was I really that distracted? I think they've caught on that we've realized they're here though.

'Well, they're not my lackeys, more of a bunch of spies I didn't even know they were here. Guess I wasn't really focusing today.'

Dream lets out his signature kettle wheeze, clutching his stomach, whilst trying to say something but it's hardly comprehensible through his uncontrolled laughter. I ease up, the atmosphere lightening up. He wipes away an imaginary, maybe real, tear dramatically.

'Makes sense, you looked way out of it in Mr Dez's class and he's literally the only teacher you like! He also called you to stay behind for something, I dunno what but you clearly aren't willing to say, now are you?'

I get up, he's clearly fine now. I waltz up to the mischievous pair, a sadistic smirk decorating my still somewhat deadpan face. Tommy falls straight down onto his bottom and starts scuttling away while Tubbo seems mostly unfazed for the most part.

'Techno! How are you? we didn't start the fire, we didn't start the fire!..'

I give him a light-hearted pat on the head as he sits there, giggling at my gesture like a giddy, attention-deprived child and he continues his chant like a wholesome infant. I've opened up to him more than I thought I would, I mean who wouldn't?

Maybe, just maybe, he reminds me of Ava. I turn around to deal with the mastermind. He's got a terrible, plastic smile as he continues to back away warily.

'Well, as Phil would say, what do you have to say for yourself young man?'

'Errrr.... Pogchamp?'

He gets up immediately and hastily starts to bolt down the stairs, jumping eagerly during the last few steps, followed by a panicky Tubbo, shouting 'wait up!' several times and almost tripping over. Again, I hear that mildly irritating yet comforting wheeze in the background as he tries to get up. He doesn't though, a look of shame and shock combined when he finds his legs no longer strong enough to support him.

I remember the fights where he would be strong enough to get both of us into the infirmary. How much had he changed since then, I wonder. I come over and offer a helping hand. Although flustered, he takes it, without being too stubborn, which is a relief.

I help him up and he immediately clutches onto the fence as his balance wobbles slightly.

'Do you need some help or-'