𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

Honestly. How in the earth did I get myself into this predicament? I'm fine with just lounging around on Saturdays but now this? What happened to getting a break today? I know life hates me and I'm fine with it but this is a bit much, is it not?

---

DREAM

my friends want to hang out with you

5pm, meet in front of starbucks

what? I rubbed my eyes, I'm not hallucinating right? I sat up groggily as I squinted at the strange sight. Well this was nice to wake up to, all sarcasm intended. Starbucks? I had gone there once but also had food poisoning which wasn't great. Well, it doesn't matter, I'll decide later; I've got a little gremlin on my hands.

Ava comes peeping into my room,  tiptoeing to see what's on my phone. 

'Techno, who's that?' she says, giving a small yawn as tears prickle in her eyes. 

'Just a nerd, don't worry.' I say, shrugging nonchalantly. I gave her a small hug as we both head into the bathroom, preparing for the day. Ava didn't have any plans for today though she had asked yesterday if she could go visit Marcello. 

Marcello Demetri; a nice kid but admittedly, a little dopey. Apparently he has parents who work in the mental health field so they're fairly busy. He comes over a lot when his parents got particularly long shifts. 

I head downstairs first as Ava goes to her room to do something.

I get out some premade pancake batter, turning on the stove as I do so. My hands are everywhere, multitasking, mixing for a second and the other greasing the pan. 

A few minutes later, I've already finished, just putting out the utensils as she walks down, hopping down each step with more energy than I have a day. She greets me with a lopsided grin and a quick embrace before sitting down to gobble down the meal. 

'This-,' she licks her lips as I try to wipe her mouth, 'is really good!'

'Yes, yes, I'm an excellent chef, we all know.' She bursts into an adorable mess of giggles. I smile, eventually joining in, letting out a low chuckle.

'Okay, so,' she wipes her mouth, '-don't get mad but I told Marcello he could come?'

I wipe my mouth with a tissue, 'What? I haven't even said yes yet.' I smile curiously.

'Please? Marcy is really bored and I'm bored and I'll stop bothering you. Pinky promise!'

'Alright. I need to go somewhere at five so you can go to your friend's then as well. Don't do anything stupid and remember, I'll pick you up so don't go anywhere.' 

She beams, nodding violently, as she practically jumps out of her seat, presumably to tell her friend about the good news. I sigh in relief, watching the starry-eyed child. 

I grab all of the plates, cups and forks, leaving them in the dishwasher as I go up. The adrenaline from the sudden invitation suddenly hits me now and I get this overwhelming need to get this energy out.

I could go on an early morning jog if I felt motivated enough, maybe I could start on the homework I had been procrastinating for the last couple of days. I also needed to review that history lesson I zoned out in, oh yeah, submit that book review, enter the writing competition as well. I marvel at myself internally for the things I've accumulated over the few days. I give a long sigh; I have at least a few hours...

(DREAM'S POV)

Wow. I hadn't even bothered to check but he just left me on read? Now that's more frustrating than if he left me on delivered. What was Techno even thinking? 

'So? Is he coming or what?' George peeks over my shoulder. Either he must be a mind reader or I really am just acting tense.

'I don't know, bacon bits left me on read.'

'No no, he's online, see?' Sapnap barges in, peeking over my shoulder as he rests his chin on it like a bored child. 

'And he's typing!' 

'Oh shut up George.'

'Oh sorRy. Anyway, what's he saying?'

I read the text aloud, perplexed by the vague answer, 'lol' 

'So no. I mean, it's almost fi-' I tone out Sapnap's loud voice, instead squinting at a pink figure in the distance.

'No, look over there.'  

George smirks, 'Is he lost or something? He's just walking in circles.' 

I ignore his comment as I side-step behind Sapnap who is shorter than me but it's better than hiding behind George at least. Speaking of George, he's... oh my blimmin god. This dude's confidence is gonna be the end of me, I swear.

I mean, he's literally just waltzing up to the dude like, what the heck? I'm ready to literally leave when I hear an all too familiar voice.

'sup, am I late?'

Sapnap slings an arm around the newcomer, leaving me feeling rather exposed to be honest. 'Nah, you're right on time! Welcome, you like starbucks or?' Sapnap gives a small smile, pointing to the shop behind us.

Techno nods, pulls off Sapnap's arm, scooching just a tad bit away from him. I understand why, Sapnap is a little touchy, not that it's bad necessarily.

Screw that for a second, can somebody tell me why George and Sapnap insisted on this? That Techno had to come? I still don't get it frankly and would prefer it to just be the three of us. It was just so awkward, he doesn't even look like he wants to be here. I wonder why he even came. 

We enter the shop and are greeted by a tired but smiling barista. I look up to the menu on the wall, noticing in the corner of my eye that Techno mimics my actions almost exactly. He doesn't even spare me a glance as he walks up to the counter to order his drink.

'Hot chocolate please.' 

I let out a snort as he turns to glare at me. I still give a small wheeze despite his piercing stare as Sapnap lets out a low chuckle. The barista peeks over in concern as I put a hand up defensively. People do that when I wheeze, I'm described as a kettle.

:')

'Not my fault you pick such a baby drink, bacon bits.' I say, leaning onto the counter, holding back another insult.

'Black coffee please.'

'wow.' mutters Techno under his breath.

Sapnap butts in, 'Vanilla latte, extra milk please!'

George looks to the menu before deciding his, 'I'll just have a cookie and water, thanks.'

'Alright, that'll be £7.50. Anything else?'

We all 'nah' and 'no' in unison as I slide the money over the counter. I see a brief look of confusion from Techno before it disappears, just as quickly as it came. Why is he confused and about what?

Subconsciously, I stare at him and his strange habits. The way he'd have these stony, cold eyes, almost protective of himself. I look in another direction, catching his eye for a moment.

I see his ruby eyes, red with burning intensity with flashes of a contrasting, soft pink. My eyes linger a little too long and the pinket looks away awkwardly.

Well that's great.

[1231 words]

School has started so definitely less frequent updates, rip daily updates. lmao, i need to edit this.