07: Friends? Friends.

When you're with me, no judgement, you can get that from anyone else, you don't have to prove nothin' you can just be yourself

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Walking down the cliff was an arduous task.

My legs shot jolts of pain occasionally, as I limped, groaning. Olivia was fast asleep and had acclimatized to Simon's back as he huffed and puffed, nevertheless carrying her.

Sometimes, I wondered if Simon liked Olivia but I figured it was none of my business.

I trode last in the file that we were descending in, for which I was glad because I was too slow to walk in the front. Ray trudged right in front of me, and I caught him shooting casual looks once in a while but since I was too tired, I didn't take it into much account.

Once we finally reached the corner where we had parked our car, Jason slipped into the front seat taking into consideration the knocked out Olivia.

Simon carefully placed her beside me as I sat between her and Ray, her head on my shoulder as she mumbled some inaudible words. I saw Simon smiling softly at her through the rear mirror and my heart just melted to form a puddle. How insanely cute they were!

Ray yet again fixed his eyes on the dark scenery, my eyes catching his moving along the shadows of trees. The moon shone brightly, hiding behind the tall trees most of the time.

My eyes were heavy with sleep and they begged me to close them and let them drift into the land of neverary.

I forced them open, rubbing them ferociously, trying my best to rub off the sleep from them. As stubborn as I was, they were too and hence kept closing and making my head fall downwards.

A hand held my head and pushed it down its shoulder as my head happily nestled in it, glad to have found a pillow nonetheless.

My eyes looked up to see Ray's brown, beautiful irises looking into mine, something shifting in them. This emotion was unbeknownst to me and I think I had never seen it in his eyes.

His fingers glided over my eyelids, shutting them close as his left hand found itself on my shoulder, holding me in place and making me more comfortable.

Sleepy or not, my heart started beating faster and warmth spread through me, contrary to the coldness I felt earlier. It seemed that I was leeching of his warmth, and I was not against it.

I was practically plush against his rock hard chest and I could feel his muscles flexing occasionally as he moved to make me more comfortable.

This feeling that rose within me was different. This emotion that crept up was different. I felt different around him, I felt as if I was safe, loved and protected from all the bad things in this world. If I was in Ray's arms, no one could ever touch me. I was invincible.

I knew he was watching me sleep but I was far from being sleepy now. The wheels of my mind churned and churned, contemplating over these feelings that I was starting to get whenever I was around Ray.

Since the first day I met him, I was intimidated by him and not just because he was insanely handsome, that too, but mainly because he made me feel nervous. In a good kind of way.

"Stop tiring that already tired little brain of yours and just sleep." His deep, manly voice came out as a whisper near my ear but sent shivers down my spine. Heat pooled in the lower region of my body and my cheeks adorned red tint which was definitely not from the makeup.