✿ℝ𝕖𝕕 𝔼𝕪𝕖𝕤✿

✿ ━━━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━━━ ✿

(Y/n) POV

Its been years. No, decades? Centuries? My parent's already passed of old age, Muzan disappeared, and I'm... I'm still alive and well. I didn't age. Well, I did age but I was still... me. Not having wrinkles, nor caught a cold. Generation after generation, I watched everything change right before my eyes. The seasons passing, the people being born and dying... I was envious. Why? They were able to leave the Earth and rest in peace after their life is over, while I just stood there, waiting for death to take me, but never came.

Recently, I've been hearing rumors about these creatures called... demons. They snacked on humans and were the cause of lots of families suffering and mourning. It was heartbreaking to see everytime. Losing a loved one. Especially when their life was cut short. I remember killing a few demons when I saw them about to end another innocent's life. I also figured out I possessed... abilities? Power? I didn't know what it was called, but it was similar to the ones demons use.

Blood demon art.

Was I really a demon? How am I sure? I don't eat humans, and I could face the sun. So, how am I different? Wait, who even started the demon race? Did they just pop up? Or somebody started this.. how did they multiply then? Do all demons have the same level of strength?

Those were the questions I kept on asking, but never got answers to. I found out about the Demon Slayer corps later on and decided to join. I was able to pass the exam. What they were suspicious of though, was that I didn't age after decades. I was put on trial because of this...

"She's a demon!"

"You're a spy, aren't you?!"

"I don't think so... her rank is kinda low so she can't know of our plans, right?"

"Ubuyashiki-sama! We need to execute her!"

"A demon in the demon slayer corps?! What the hell?!"

Ubuyashiki-sama hushed the pillars and they all went silent, waiting for their leader's words. "(Y/n) (L/n), is it true, you are a demon?" He asked with a calming voice, contrast to the tense atmosphere.

"Yes, Ubuyashiki-sama."

"Why did you join the Demon Slayer corps?"

"I wanted to stop people from losing their family."

"Have you eaten a human before?"

Everyone waited for my answer, the tension rising the longer I stayed quiet.

"No, I never have, Ubuyashiki-sama."

"How did you become a demon?"

"I fell ill hundreds of years ago, and the doctor may have made a medicine that turned me into a demon that I am now."

"Do you know of Muzan Kibutsuji?"

I looked up in shock. "Muzan... Kibutsuji?" Just by the mention of his name, my heart ached.

"Yes, Muzan Kibutsuji."

"I.. I knew him.. but I didn't know he was still alive..."

Ubuyashiki nodded and smiled.

"Very well. You may continue on your duties. You are dismissed."

"Thank you, Ubuyashiki-sama."

That was hundreds of years ago and I've become a pillar. They called me the Demon pillar, since I am a demon. Others didn't accept a demon being in the corps, but I didn't let their words get to me.

I sighed as I remembered the former leader and his words.

'Muzan Kibutsuji... You were alive this whole time...'

[Time Skip]

"Tanjiro, let's take a break and eat udon over there!"

I pointed at a stand where a bald man sat. "Ah, alright.." Tanjiro agreed, his younger sister with him. He was tired since we kept on running around the confusing city but I was able to get us out of there.

I beamed and stood infront of the seller, handing him the money and raising three fingers in the air. "Three udons please!" "Sure thing!"

We sat on the bend infront of the stand while we waited for the man to finish making udon. "Are you okay, Tanjiro?" He nodded, still looking tired. I chuckled and handed him a bottle of water I carried around, even though I didn't really need it. "Here! You can have it, I didn't need it since I'm a demon after all." He thanked me and drank the water I give him.

"Here's your udon!" "Thank you very much." We both ate our bowl of udon and Tanjiro suddenly stood up, dropping his bowl which was still full of food. "Tanjiro? What's wrong?" I asked, standing up too and placing my bowl to the side.

He breathed heavily, looking around while beads of sweat rolled down his face. "He's here..." "Who?" He grabbed his sword and ran back to the city. "Wha- Tanjiro!" I chased after him, also taking my sword with me.

I followed him, bumping into a lot of people and muttering a 'sorry' and 'excuse me' again and again. "Tanjiro, stop!" I tried stopping him but he kept on running.

It went on like that for a while until he stopped and grabbed a man's shoulder, making him turn his head to the side to see who it was. His piercing red eyes looked at Tanjiro, a frown evident on his face.

I couldn't see Tanjiro's expression since his back was turned to me but I knew he wasn't happy to see this man at all. I stared at the man, his curly black hair and red eyes were familiar and my breath hitched when I recognized who it was.

"Muzan..."

✿ ━━━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━━━ ✿