✿𝕊𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕗✿

(He's kinda OOC here so uh... yea sorry! Honestly, I'm not sure but I think he is. (°ロ°٥))

✿ ━━━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━━━ ✿

(Y/n) POV

I walked around the city, on the look for demons and keeping my guard up. I didn't sense any demons nearby so I just looked around the shops and see what they had in store.

I stopped at a stall and looked down at the table filled with various designed scarfs. "Oh, hello there, young lady! Has any of these piqued your interest?" The old seller asked, a soft smile on her wrinkled face.

I rose a brow at her words. 'Me? Young lady?' I silently laughed to myself, knowing I'm way older than the woman. I smiled at her and pointed at the products. "No, ma'am. I'm just looking around." "I see! Can you watch over these? I'll just go to my daughter to see if she's doing alright, I'll be right back!" I nodded and she left.

'She's too trusting towards a stranger...' I sighed and shook my head in disappointment. I felt the cloth of the scarf laid on the table, it's silky texture brushing against my fingers. I hummed, wondering if I should buy one or not, until a black and red scarf caught my eye.

I grabbed it and inspected its design, the red flower patterns adorning the black cloth. I didn't notice that I spaced out and felt a hand on my shoulder, snapping me out of my daze.

I turned to look behind me and I froze. "Muzan Kibutsuji..." I breathed out, my eyes wide. "(Y/n)." He uttered, his face stoic. He noticed the scarf in my hand and rose a brow, about to speak but someone beat him to it. "I'm back! Sorry for the long wait, were there any customers that wanted to buy one while I was gone?" The old seller asked, standing on the other side of the table.

She gasped and held a hand infront of her mouth, looking at the two of us. "Oh my! Is he your husband? Fiancè? You two look so great together!" She then clasped her hands together, leaning her head into it onto the side of her face. "Ah, young love."

I tried not to choke on air and correct her. "Ma'am, I don't-" "Is that so? I'm glad to hear it then." I turned my head to look at him in disbelief, he just glanced at me and smirked before looking back at the woman.

He took the scarf from my hand and held it out to the seller. "We would like two of these, please." The woman nodded happily, getting another red and black scarf then handing it to him. I stood there, frozen while he loosely wrapped the scarf around my neck. It was kinda long and it reached up to my chin.

He placed the other one on my hand and leaned down a bit while I gave him a horrified and confused expression. "What...?" He sighed and held my wrists, leading them up to his neck, and I finally understood what he wanted me to do.

With shaky hands, I wrapped the scarf around him too and stepped back after doing so. "You two really are a perfect match!" The woman complemented and I let out a shaky breath. I turned to leave but somebody grabbed me by the wrist and stopped me from leaving.

I groaned, turning around and glaring at him. "What do you want, Kibutsuji?" He frowned. "Muzan." He corrected and I groaned again, running a hand through my hair. "What do you want, Muzan?" I started to walk and he walked beside me.

"Why did you join them?" He asked, looking straight ahead of us. "Because I wanted to." I answered nonchalantly. He may be the strongest of all demons, but we're on the same level. I could just kill him right there and then but... what's holding me back?

He nodded at my answer. We ended up walking into a secluded alley and I waited for him to kill me. He didn't. He walked there and leaned on the wall, looking at me with his red eyes. I leaned on the wall opposite of him, now facing him and crossing my arms.

It was silent for a while, and he was the first to break the ice. "Aren't you going to kill me?" My eyes widen at his words. "I... I don't know." I looked away, not wanting to meet his eyes.

'Why don't I want to kill him? He has killed countless families, ended innocent people's lives, and turned them to demons. I could kill him. He's just right there, unguarded. I could face the sun and he couldn't, making him have a weakness. So... What the hell is holding me back?!'

I gritted my teeth, balling my hands into fists. "Why is that?" He asked, and I furrowed my brows, thinking of an answer.

'Why don't I want to kill him? Is it because there are people who might see? Is it not the right time? Do I... still love him?' I gasped at the last thought, my heart beating faster and my face turning pink. 'That... that can't be! I'm supposed to kill him!'

I flinched when I realized he was now suddenly infront of me, a hand pressed against the wall, his eyes looking down at mine. He leaned closer and asked again. "Why?"

I huffed, pushing him away. "How about you? Why aren't you killing me yet? Aren't demon slayers your enemy?" I glared at him and his eyebrows furrowed. "Kill you?" He repeated, seemingly disgusted by the idea.

He shook his head and reached a hand out to me as I stared at it with a raised brow. "What now?" It was silent for a moment before he spoke up again, his voice serious. "Leave the corps." He demanded, shadows casting over his red glowing eyes.

"And join me."

✿ ━━━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━━━ ✿