2: GOING HOME

In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful.

Nafada, Gombe State.

Zarah stared at the evading gold that stretch far and wide sitting within the sky,the color of fire hearth and tangerine filling the earth,it was a battle of cry into the glory of the night,sillehuette of birds flew home across the hues of red,the setting sun was half into the water,its reflection in the river makes it look complete.

Time seems to drag on much more slower than usual when you're alone,she didn't know how long she has been running,it felt like hours, days,months and even years

Her exhausted leg collapse on the floor making her fall on her knees,she was out of energy, she could still hear their voices and shouts for her even though she left them far behind almost an hour ago, she has been running like maniac since she got out of the house, Alhamdullilah,she escape them,she is sure they won't be able to step into the village to search for her now bcos they won't want their secrets out.

One thing she knew is no matter how helpless she is and what Abu will do to her, she can't let a piece of trash, r**e her, she didn't have any ounce of regret slashing his face infact she was happy at herself for doing something like that, he deserves it and more than that, men like him have no place on earth..

Zahra grimaced in pain rolling on the floor she wanted to stand up but her body felt too meek to, she is weak, Exhausted,tired,sore,hungry,thirsty, she crawled to the bank of the river with great difficulties her piercing groan filling the whole river, looking at the free flowing water,she felt a sudden urge to have a drink.

She placed her hand in the water, "urghgh"she yelped in agony then quickly removed her hand from the water staring at the blood that was been washed away by the river.

"Ya Allah help me"she muttered with closed eye the pain stinging her, she totally forgot the cut she has in her hand,they were traces of dried blood on her arm and hijab and the blood from the cut still hasn't stop.

She placed her hand in the cold water again and it stung her skin,soon she felt her hand relax to the coolness of the water and she started rinsing the blood away,when she was done,she allowed the blood to flow away then cupped some water into her hand and drank it.

Zarah rest her back on the rock by the river bank listening to the bed singing a romantic melody song,the place was so serene and calm, her mind revisited the past week and tears escape from her sore tired eyes.

Cutting a small piece of clothes from the hem of her faded wrapper, she tied it around her cut, the water seems to have washed away all the blood, the cut look fresh and supple, she wrapped the small piece of clothes around her hand encasing her wound.

She doesn't deserve this type of life,infact no one deserves it but this her destiny.

A disappointed hiss escape from her lips while thinking about her next course of action.

She couldn't possibly go home its never a home, its a house...., different assumptions of what's going to happen to her flooded her mind, the unfortunate part is that she won't be the only one to suffer from this.

A home is supposed to be our safe heaven,but,its the place she find the deepest heartache, her living abyss.

Zahra lower her head contemplating what to do next.  "Should she go home??”. Going back to their house means falling back into the abyss of darkness but she has to.

Ammi would be probably looking for her, she decided to go home and faced whatever it is,is waiting for her, she rose to her feet and put on her almost worn out slippers,with a thudding heart she left the river and headed home.