3: HARUM SCARUM

In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful

Nafada, Gombe State.

"As-salamu 'alaikum wa- Rahmatul-lah"zarah said turning her face to the right,she repeat the same word and turn her head to the left. Sitting down on the mat and folded her hand near each other with the palm up and fingers slightly bend,she prays abhorrently to Allah Azzwajal ,she pray to her lord to lead Abu to the right path for obviously he is lost. she makes sure she puts all her pains, sorrow in the prayer, she cried harder than she's ever to the All hearing, the All aware, the All knowing,the Most merciful to guide her.

Ammi who just get into their room; which held their wonky iron bed, an old iron box that has a pile of books on it, there is also a cracked mirror placed at the left side of the room,they were cracks on the wall and the window of the room is broken and an old ripped wrapper serve as curtain, She look around the room and stare at her daughter as she cries to her lord, it hurt so much to see zarah like this,she was also trying so hard not to let the tears cascade down her cheeks but the pain was too much to contain.

Was this how they are going to spend the rest of their lives??, in pain,always drawn in the tether of Agony, their experience of agony is something too hard to write about,its impossible to understand, they could only wish one thing ; it could stop.

She is tired of being tired and tired of being sad, her body and heart weren't made for this,she is tired of thinking there is no way out.she is sick and tired of accepting the unacceptable and enduring the unendurable, she feels useless that she couldn't do anything for herself not alone zarah.

Ammi slowly sat on the old spring mattress before resting her chin above her fingers, broken tears well up in her eye reminiscing all the happy moment they once had,its been ten years since she was threw in this hollow shell.

Ten years ago, before her journey to hell and back started, their life was different,it was blissful with her small little family, her husband, her son and her daughter,their life was perfect or so they thought;they were happy with no glimpse of sorrow in their life. But the cause of death change everything within a blink of an eye and they were thrown into the bottomless chasm of an excruciating grief,sorrow,torment, bitterness, loneliness and torture.

She got married to the only man she ever love at a very young age much to everyone disappointment, her league parent aforemost and Malik, he never makes her to regret that decision, he Cherish, treasure,support, protect and love her uncontrollably, he never makes her feel the void of having separated from her family, they live in peace and harmony.

When she is happy, he gets excited and exhilarated,when she is overwhelmed,he held and comfort her delicately telling her everything will be alright,assuring her he will be with her in every ordeal of life and if she is angry; something she hardly does, he keeps his distance and give her sometime to cool off, then take her into his arms, kiss her tears and wipe the tears on her cheeks.

Malik is hardworking,generous,kind, religious,godfearing,humble,honest. he was everything she ever wished for, they were blessed with two beautiful kid. he was a doting father, a loving husband, a caring brother and son, he was their back bone not only for his immediate family but also the extended, they'll depend on him...

Then suddenly he died!!, he left, his death was....;and she lost her mind,she had nobody to share her thought,no one to run to, they find themselves in the horrible bitter sorrow of loss, they were traumatized, his demise hit them really hard, it was unexpected, they never expected him to leave so soon, indeed death is inevitable, no matter how much people try to escape death,it will reach everyone; surely every soul shall taste it,whenever its time no one can stop it.....He left them to his lord; their life time assurance hit its darkest fullstop, she became a widow while her children become fatherless.