The Very Big and Very Important Quidditch Match.

Albus Severus Potter was sick of Quidditch. It was all his family would talk about before he came to Hogwarts
- his mom being an international quidditch sensation and whatnot- and it was all anyone would talk about after he came to Hogwarts, (although this time, it was mostly about Albus's shocking lack of Quidditch skills) .

Everyone expected great things of him, him being Harry and Ginny Potter's son and James's younger brother and all that, but especially in the sphere of Quidditch.

It is difficult having famous parents, Albus mused reflectively as he munched on sugar cubes straight out of the bowl. If his mother could see him now....Albus shuddered. 

That situation would not be pretty.

It was all his sister Lily's fault, really.

 Her and her penchant for sweet things. 

With so many teeth rotting, mouthwatering, succulent pieces of Honeydukes' best candy hidden in various nooks and crannies of the Potter manor, it was a wonder he lasted nine whole years resisting its temptation before finally caving and becoming a high-on-chocolate maniac.

His best friend Scorpius would laugh in his face if he saw him now......not that Scorpius himself was much better.

 It was one of the things that drew them together, that first day on the Hogwarts Express. Their mutual love of chocolate.

Speaking of Scorpius...Albus raised his head from where it rested inside the sugar bowl, and gazed across the Great Hall to the Gryffindor table where Scorpius and Albus's older brother James were holding court.

Ordinarily, Scorpius and their other bestfriend, Rose, would sit together during breakfast at either the Slytherin or the Ravenclaw tables ; Gryffindor being too filled with the Weasley cousins for the Trio to safely have their conversations. However, today was anything but ordinary.

Albus squinted his eyes as he tried to make out what his brother was saying. He seemed to be encouraging Scorpius to eat as he piled enough food on his plate to feed a small army.

The rest of the Gryffindor quidditch team was grouped around them, all varying degrees of green in the face as they tried to digest their own food with their hearts pounding ninety miles an hour and butterflies doing the Macarena in their stomachs.

Today, you see, was the All Important, Life Determining, Annual Quidditch House Cup Match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.

 It was also the tie breaker for the bet Scorpius and Rose had on-going since 5th year. 

This bet, and the intense quidditch practices that Scorp and Rose scheduled for their individual teams every evening, was one of the main reasons why Albus absolutely despised Quidditch.

It destroyed friendships and consumed the thoughts of every one around him, until Albus was the only sane person left, surrounded by hordes of frenzied quidditch fans.

He scowled as he trained his gaze on the Ravenclaw table.

 Or more specifically, on a head of bushy brown hair. Rose Granger-Weasley sat demurely at the Ravenclaw table, in immaculate robes, surrounded by her team and other supporters, not a hair out of place, looking as if she had not a care in the world.

Her blue and bronze quidditch robes gleamed in the sunlight shining from the enchanted ceiling, the Eagle symbol on the back stretching as she reached for her broom.