Thunder (fluff/smut)

Tw:brief mentions of abuse

Sitting in your bed dreading the night come, you jump to every crack in the sky. You have tears streaming down your face as the memories come flooding back into your mind of all the childhood abuse you suffered at the hands of your father. The loud noise from the thunder reminds you of when he would yell at you and your sister when he was drunk. One of the only people you was ever fully able to open up to about your childhood was Spencer.

When you joined the BAU two years ago you and Spencer became super good friends realizing you had a lot of things in common. Over the two years we would get together every Tuesday to watch the new episode of Dr.who and every Saturday you would go to this little coffee shop/bookstore and pick out a new book for the both of you to read.

At some point during the two years you've been best friends with Spencer, you fell in love with him, you don't know when or how it happened but it did and your still very conflicted about it. You don't think you should tell him because you really don't want to ruin your friendship. You would rather keep him as your best friend than risk losing him forever if you admitted your feelings. Your pulled out of your deep thoughts when you hear a knock on your door. You decided to ignore it not wanting to move right now.

"y/n" you hear Spencer call from behind your locked door. Swiftly getting out of bed you made your way to your front door and open it. Seeing a frantic Spencer dripping wet as he entered your apartment. God he looked hot. Not the time y/n.

"Spence what are you doing here?"

"I know you don't like thunderstorms so I had to come over to make sure you were okay." Spencer said to you as you walked to your closet to give him a towel

"Did you walk over here?"

"No, well kind of, I took the metro and walked from the stop."

"C'mon let me get you come clothes and then we can watch a movie okay?"

You went into your closet and pulled out a pair of old sweatpants and one of Spencer's old hoodies you had from when he would stay the night. Handing the clothes to him, you turned around and exited your bedroom closing the door softly, allowing Spencer to change out of his wet clothing. While he was changing you grabbed a bunch of blankets, from the closet in your living room and set them on your couch.

You made your way into your small kitchen and made a bowl of popcorn for the two of you. Once you were back in your living room you quickly sat down on your couch and put on the first Harry Potter movie. Just then Spencer came out of your bedroom wearing the sweatpants and hoodie you gave him. He always looked so good wearing whatever but you loved it when he opted for more comfy casual clothes. He sat down on the opposite end of the couch from you.

After a minute or two of silence passed he looked over at you and patted him lap gesturing for you to put your head on his lap, his hands immediately went to your hair and he played with it gently.

"y/n.."

"mhm." You hummed contently as Spencer continually played with your hair.

"I uhm I love you." Spencer whispered and your head shot around so you could look at Spencer no quite sure if you heard him correctly.

"W-what?"

"I love you." He said and In that moment you couldn't detect any lies looking in his large hazel eyes. "I've been in love with you for a while I just was to scared to say anything because your you know your my best friend and I didn't want to lose you but I felt the sudden urge to tell you tonight, so that's also partially why I came over here." He said in an almost whisper like tone.