Chapter 2: The invisible wall and the hidden door

I walk down a short corridor.  I find myself in another room, but this is strangely well lit.  I can clearly see the walls which are gray and cemented stone.  The sun comes in through the ajar door at the back of the room.  That seems to be the way out.  but it would be too easy.  I approach the door but suddenly I hear noises behind me and turn around.  There is a girl, I seem to know her.

-That is not the exit, it would not be a bit obvious right?

she says with a bold smile.
In fact, walking around me there was nothing else that could look like an exit, except perhaps that strange white arch on the wall. It was as if a door had been designed by whitening the stone bricks until they were almost truly white.  It could have been a portal. Maybe we had to go through that arch and we'll come to a new room.

+Take cover, I'm about to set the trap!

I say with amusement and as she is about to get to my right, I, to the right of the door, open it inwards so that the large wooden door covers me when it opens.

-Yes sure, right...

she says lightly and sarcastically as I open the door and suddenly maybe 4, 5 or maybe six spears come out and hurl themselves with great speed towards the whitened arch of the wall.
It really was a trap and if I opened the door I would normally be dead.
Anyone would have died.
That wasn't a game.
Yet that room smelled of summer, fresh, trees, it seemed that outside that door there really was freedom.

-Well I'm going, good luck.

said the girl before disappearing into the wall to my right. It was like there was an invisible door or something but I couldn't see it so I walked over but bumped my face into something, long before I got to the wall.  With my hands I found a door almost in the center of the room and, still touching, I entered it and then I turned to the right.

  With my hands I found a door almost in the center of the room and, still touching, I entered it and then I turned to the right

I couldn't believe it, there was indeed an invisible wall leading to an alternate exit and it had been there all that time.
I hardly noticed the bloodstains that were everywhere inside that stupid room, the smell was really very faint.