Four

Remember the birthday party day right? So here's a kinda continuation.

When we returned that evening, it was pretty late say past seven pm. The gen set was on so Kaima was seated at the balcony.

Kaima: Mummy, so you decided to come home finally?

Me and SILs: Sorry, we went to visit another family too.

Kaima: You had a visitor.

Me: Who?

Kaima: A lady

Me: Any name?

Kaima shakes her head.

Me: Who else did she meet?

Kaima: No one.

Me: How come? You're not alone here.

Kaima: I was sitting right here  while the others were in the sitting room watching TV.

I shrugged it off. Whoever it was can repeat the visit if it's very important.

The next day, around mid day.

A Friend walks in.

Me: Hey Chi, how you doing? I didn't see you again during the party.

Friend: Sorry, I came around but rather late. The party was over but I saw Kaima.

Kaima: Mum! (Runs in). (Glances at both me and my friend) that's the lady that visited yesterday. Good afternoon

Me: Oh, she told me about a visitor, didn't know it was you.

Friend: met her at the balcony crying

Me: (surprised) really?

Kaima: (runs away)

Friend: yea, she said she wanted to follow you to visit someone that lost their father but you refused.

Me: Yes, I used that opportunity to visit xxx family.

Friend: your daughter is very inquisitive, and I must add smart.

Me: 🙄🙄 what did she do now?

Friend:😂😂 oh I told her she can't visit xxx family cos they have big dogs.

Me:🤣🤣🤣 and??

Friend: she kept quiet for some time and then asked me "Aunty, have you gone to those people's house before?" And I honestly answered 'No'. And then she asked me "How did you now know that they have dogs???".

Me: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Friend: Honestly, I lost words🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Me: So you kept quiet?

Friend: No. I told her that someone who had gone there before told me

Me: Biggest mistake ever.

Friend: I agree. That response was a mistake, I would have just smiled and go.

Still Friend: She asked me how I knew those people were telling the truth.

Me: you went into lecturing her right?

Friend: more than that. I told her because they knew xxx family so well, and lives around them. That they are good sources of information.

Me: And???

Friend: Oh she asked me the meaning of sources and I explained to her the little way I can but then she turned the whole thing around.

Me: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Friend: she immediately told me that you travelled to Enugu that evening.

Me: 😲😲😲 me? how?

Friend: I disagreed and reminded her that she has already told me that you went for a condolence visit.

Me: and?

Friend: she now reminded me that she's a good source of information too when it comes to your issue cos she lives with you and knows you well.

Me: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Friend: Honestly, it was crazy. And the funniest part, she told me that as a good source, that means she's telling the truth since I'm saying that those people that told me there were dogs in xxx house are good sources and cannot lie.

Me:🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Friend: so to cut everything short, I asked her if she wanted biscuits

Me: (Now I'm literally rolling on the floor laughing)

Friend: she said no, that she has a carton inside.

Me: (I'm holding my stomach, laughing too much hurts the tummy please)

Friend: I then asked her if she wants a lollypop

Me: (I stopped laughing cos that's Kaima's weakness). And?

Friend: She said yes and I speedily went out in search of one.

Me: Did you get one?

Friend: oh no. All shops around were closed and then I returned to tell her but she wasn't at the balcony again. So I just left.

Me: with kaima, it's better to keep to promises even though I don't allow her any sweets at all. But right now, you're already the mummy's friend who makes promises and fails. Next time she will want to describe you, you'll automatically become "mummy, it's that your friend that can't buy lollypop, not that someone begged her oo, she made the promise herself. Ehen, it's that your friend I'm talking about"

Friend: 🤔🤔🤔🤔