Six

So today, I'm trying to be that modern mother. You know they said we should behave like 'yankee' mums. But still, how would you feel if your 6yo has this honest but brutal conversation with you.

Me: (7:30am.) WHY CAN'T YOU GIRLS JUST PERFORM YOUR GODDAMN  MORNING DUTIES WITHOUT ME SCREAMING THE HOUSE DOWN???

Both: (turns to me quiet.)

Honestly, they have been bickering at each other, screaming, crying, fighting since they woke up by 6am. I'm losing it.

4yo: (walks into her dad's room to arrange and sweep. She started this since she turned three and has been improving tremendously).

6yo: (walks into their room, and seconds later I can hear her murmur to herself)

Me: (walks into their room to pick out their laundry)

6yo: mummy.

Me: uhmmm

6yo: Is there anything doing you in your brain? Like do you feel pains?

Me: (glares and shoots her daggers, but then the American mother in me asks me to calm down and have a discussion) Why?

6yo: say yes or no first.

Me: No, I'm fine.

6yo: then, why are you always shouting? I thought people only shout when they have pains in their brains? Like if they're sick?? Or maybe mad?

Me: (I feel heavily slighted and insulted). No, mummies shout when their children cannot do their duties without their mummies talking every second. You're supposed to perform your duties as soon as you wake up so I don't have to shout.

6yo: ok. Let me do my morning duties.

Me: Thank you!