❆ 𝟎𝟕. 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬

𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 (𝐚𝐝𝐣

𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 
(𝐚𝐝𝐣.) ; (𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧) 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬. 
(𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧) 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬.

She shifted slightly in her sleep as she felt a strong gust of wind blowing her direction. Usually, she would be woken up by the first ray of sunlight that hits her face, but ever since she had to sleep deeper in her room, the only thing she relied on was the strong gust of wind.

She yawned as she sat up, stretching her body as her long white hair was messy from the constant tossing and turning during the night. Her pink-tinted lips parted as she rubbed her eyes and soon looked at her pair of hands, looking at her razor-sharp nails that were white as well.

She sighed, hearing running footsteps and she turned to look. Her pink-tinted lips curled up slightly into a smile as she looked at Yukime who had entered her room with what seems to be a tray of hot food from the Butterfly Estate.

"Good morning, Master!" Yukime called out with a wide smile on her face and [name] could only slowly reached out as she pulled Yukime down with ease, rubbing her back as she planted a kiss on her forehead, startling her tsuguko.

"You know, you don't have to put up a strong face in front of me. It's too easy to tell," she spoke out in her usual cold yet gentle voice and Yukime's smile dropped upon hearing what [name] had said.

"There, there," she said with a gentle smile on her face then as she started to yawn once more, feeling tired as usual since she was now a demon, and most of her energy should be coming from eating humans, yet she has yet to eat a single one of them.

"It's going to be okay," [name] whispered out with another smile on her face as Yukime withdrew from the hug, her sad smile remaining on her face and [name] placed her cold hands onto either side of her face.

"Everything is fine, nothing is going to happen to me," she spoke out and Yukime nodded her head, for [name] knew. Ever since Yukime stood up for her when she first returned to the Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters, the lower-ranked demon slayers were against her for protecting a demon.

And till now, nobody trusted her nor got along with her as they deemed her as the traitor of them, supporting the demon who was their Snow Hashira. None of them dares defy the Hashiras, yet, they were still thinking that it wasn't good to rely on them.

Since they trusted a demon more than trusting a human.

"Hey, let me show you something. But it's a secret okay?" [name] whispered out and Yukime nodded her head as she watched [name] flicking her wrist, and as if on cue did a small ice statue appear of herself and her master, holding hands.