10: Spark

The feeling is like silk that we're unaware of how entangled it has become.

Ye Xuan Qing, 九張機 

===========================

The commercial was successfully premiered. As for preparation, she had to make sure that her looks were far more different from her usual style to avoid getting caught by her parents. She knew that it was risky to appear on TV and she didn't know how her parents would react. But Kathy assured her that they might not notice her as she almost didn't recognize her from that chic look she pulled off.

Though she was not the lead, Kyoko had a decent 10-second solo shot as a whole. She was very proud of that since the commercial was her first appearance as an official actress. It was quite refreshing to see yourself on TV. And now, she was getting greedy to go after projects and gigs. She promised herself that she would make "Yue" be known in her every appearance.

Just like what she was hoping for, Ava informed her that there are good responses from other producers. In fact, the appointed manager met her in the conference room to discuss her next appearance. It was an internal project and the details were currently in secret. She was intrigued by this and can't wait to hear more about it.

As she was reading the papers Ava gave her, she could not believe her eyes. It was for James Kim's music video. For a solo debut! FOR HIS SOLO ALBUM! She was part of the fan club but she hasn't heard any news about this solo album. Not even a rumor. Indeed, this project was in total secret!

How she wished she could break the confidentiality of the project and tweet the details on Twitter! But she knew that it will be over for her if she did that. Instead, she tried her best to control herself during the discussion of the project.

She excitedly accepted the offer. How could she miss this opportunity? Of course, she would grab it. It was one chance of a lifetime. She strode her way out of the conference room as if she's walking on cloud nine.

As she was getting farther and farther from the conference room, images of Ren became clearer and clearer to her mind. She didn't know why but her heart sunk in. Ren might misunderstand her intention in getting the job. She was terrified that Ren would think of it as her way to stalk James, though it was freely given to her.

Her mind was flooded by concerns and the force of her desire to talk to Ren surfaced. She stopped and immediately dialed his phone number.

As it was ringing and ringing, her heart was discouraged that Ren might not save her phone number and would not pick up. She was about to give up when someone answered.

"Hello, Kyoko?" The familiar deep voice of Ren was on the other line. She was surprised when Ren immediately recalled her. Her heart rejoiced that she couldn't respond immediately. "Kyoko?"

She composed herself before answering, "Yes, Ren. Sorry to bother you this time."

"No, it's okay. Do you have something to say?"

She tried to find good words to put her dilemma out. Though hesitant, she took all of her courage to ask him. "I just want to get some advice if it would be okay to accept a job even if people might misunderstand you?"

There was a pause on the other line but Ren eventually replied with a question, "Why do you keep pushing yourself in this industry?"

What could be the reason? The question made her think. At first, she all wanted to challenge Nova and prove herself to Ren, but as the memories of the acting classes filled in her mind, she knew that she was enjoying it. Through acting, she better expressed herself; challenge her to release the emotions she thought she could not have. It also changed her perspective in dealing with these emotions. "I-i think I'm loving it..."