11: Revealed

As I stride forward,

my crowded mind made me into a clumsy person

Dreams seem so far away

when I couldn't reach your hand...

노리플라이, Unfinished Song

===============================

A familiar melody broke the chatter Kyoko had with her friends in the lounge area. She was having lunch with Jazz, Erika, and Naomi while waiting for the next acting class. They gave her a teasing look when they saw the Spark music video playing on the large screen on the other side of the hall.

"Congratulations!"

"When did you shoot that? I haven't heard anything about it!"

The music video was quite the talk of the town when it was dropped yesterday. The track gained a moderate amount of attention on the music charts, but the music video earned lots of views. When the day started, Ava welcomed her with good news. She was recognized by some producers and got a casting call in a most awaited drama series for this year.

Though proud of the outcome, she maintained her feet low not to spoil her standing, especially when she noticed some dagger looks in the lounge area.

"Actually, I wanted to tell you guys! But Ava specifically told me that the management wanted it to be a secret. So I..." Her eyes suddenly caught Ren with Will on his way out from one conference room. When did he get here?! "So I couldn't do anything about it."

Jazz said something, but she couldn't understand it. Her eyes discreetly followed Ren until he exited the lounge area. "Sorry guys, I think I need to go to the restroom...I'll be back." She heard groanings and questions, but she didn't mind them and immediately went out of the lounge.

Even though Ren walked fast, Kyoko tried to catch up with them until they reached the landing area and waited for an elevator.

"Hi!" She waved her hands to greet them.

"Hey, Kyoko!" Will warmly greeted her back, but the person she wanted to talk to didn't even glance at her. "Congratulations! The music video was very captivating!"

"Have you watched it?" She was excited to hear if Ren watched it too, but her courage was not enough to ask him directly.

"Yeah! Andrew mentioned it earlier, and he let us watch it."

She looked at Ren and waited for his reaction. Oh, how thrilled she was to tell him that because of the music video, she got a casting call for a drama series.

But to her dismayed, Ren still kept his silence and just standing tall as if he didn't hear anything.

"Ren.." It was Will who broke the deafening silence.

Finally, Ren looked at her, but she was stunned by the spiteful gaze from his eyes. "You better stop acting now that you already got what you want. You will just bring trouble."

She couldn't gather her thoughts from what she has heard. What did she do wrong? Did he think that this was her scheme? How could she convince him otherwise?

The sudden ring of the elevator brought her out from the chaotic thoughts inside her head. Just like that, Ren went inside without looking back at her while Will glanced at her apologetically before he entered.

Overwhelmed with a heavy heart, Kyoko couldn't move her feet. Her eyes could only follow his disappearing presence. As she was trying to deal with this unexplainable sadness, her phone rang in her pocket.